1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the #15 pick in the 2014 NFL draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Feb 25, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Pittsburgh Steelers select Justin Gilbert CB who I have been pimping on here since the season ended, he has good size and speed but most importantly good ball skills. I can't remember the last time the Steelers had a CB with good ball skills. Unfortunately since he ran a 4.37 at the combine he might not last until pick #15, I could see Detroit or Chicago drafting Gilbert before the Steelers. We might have to settle for Darqueze Dennard.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thats my pick as well however I am really wondering if he will still be available at #15

We have enough missed tackles on this team. Check out this one by Darqueze at 1: 15 [video=youtube;AHayjD_2ShU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHayjD_2ShU[/video]

Let's hope so..

Bman

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Funny... one of my concerns with Dennard is missed tackles as well. I saw about 8-10 of them in the 3 games that I watched. He's really good in man coverage, but he needs work on getting people to the ground.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Really warming to the idea of Shazier with our first pick, assuming Gilbert is off the board. I think with his explosiveness he could do nice things in a 3-4. Still not that high on Mosley, but wouldn't be totally upset if we took him. At this point, I think Shazier is my target, again, with the assumption that Gilbert and the other obvious guys are gone.

5. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    GB, I'm with you. He is the next Farrior, and could be had possible around the 20-25 spots.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    And that's the beautiful thing about this draft! If we find a trade partner in the 20's and we miss out on "our guy", there will be a nice consolation prize there waiting for us, in the shape of Amaro, another quality OL, Matthews/Lee/best remaining WR, Nix, Verrett/Fuller, Dix/Pryor, etc. Just about two more months to go!

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Idk that Gilbert's 40 time necessarily makes him a top 10 pick. I'm sure that it was expected for him to run that quickly, the surprise was Dennard (although his time didn't surprise me a lot). There has to be some teams that have Dennard higher than Gilbert, and that's even before his 40 time. I think there is a realistic shot of him being there at 15. If he IS there though, he's gotta be our pick. If not, I like Dix, Shazier, Fuller maybe, and even Hageman. We have some serious options IMO at our spot.

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I do no think ILB is something we will draft this year, unless someone slips in the 2nd-4th rounds who we never thought we would have a shot at.

I think our first round options are:

WR, TE, DLine, CB, or S. Find the first round ranked guys out of those positions and you can narrow down our first round options pretty quickly.

For instance,

Ebron - TE
    Amaro - TE
    Evans - WR
    Watkins - WR
    Lee - WR

These are only examples, not an exhaustive list...

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we will have a pretty good idea
    ah lets say around March 11th.

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    We better hope a few QBs go in the Top 14 or the talent level at #15 is definitely going to be decreased. I think the ship has sailed in order to draft Gilbert or Evans and "maybe" Ebron.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, hopefully there's a big run on overvalued QB's.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we will still have a good one at 1, but my concern is that big gap from 2 to a 3 comp pick. a lot of good players will come off in that range.:cool:

13. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am wondering if Colbert is thinking the same thing right now. I could see us moving something like our 4th or 5th this year along with our 3rd next year in order to move up again into the 3rd round this year. He has talked about how good this draft it depth wise. In order to make this move, you have to have some gut as to what next year's draft looks like, but I do think this increases our talent this year.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'd rather try to find a dance partner that will allow us to trade down in the first to pick up an extra 3rd. Some of that depth is going to land in the 4th and 5th rounds, and I'd rather not give up picks there.