1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winning the AFC North still is fairly good shape..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 3, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What's sad is... the Ravens are a better team even with a rookie QB and roster that doesn't look very good on paper.

2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe 2 that's it!!!

3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Ravens are not a better team then the Steelers overall. They don’t have a better QB and offense then the Steelers, and the Steelers gashed their defense the last time they played in Baltimore. They aren’t a better team and the Steelers are still going to win this division. Despite the last two Steelers losses the Ravens still need way too many unlikely scenarios these last 4 weeks to overtake the Steelers and still win this division. It’s not happening.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we get in and get the Bolts at home again I believe we come out on top be cause the NFL is gonna want to do damage control from this last **** show just beat the Raiders and Bengals and we should be ok. In the playoffs it's win or go home!!!

5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A playoff probability site I look at gives the Steelers:
    Chance of winning the division. 70%
    Chance of WC 8%
    Missing the playoffs 21%
    First round bye 1%

Before last night chances were:
    Division 83%
    WC. 6%
    Missing the playoffs 11%
    First round bye 12%

The Steelers are still likely to win the div and make the playoffs. But the bye took a huge hit yesterday. And is probably gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree with the Ravens not having a better team overall, however they do make in game adjustments which the Steelers don't do. Last game against NE we never tried to make adjustments to stop Gronk, we just kept doing the same things over and over., Against the Broncos we kept on throwing over and over at the one yard line when all we had to do was run it in on three trIes like we did against the Chargers. Against the Chargers we kept doing the same thing over and over with covering Allen with linebackers when everybody could see it wasn't working.

IT'S OKAY TO MAKE IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS WHEN SOMETHING IS CLEARLY NOT WORKING.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This team probably won't make the payoffs. Sad to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It's time to hope for the Chiefs, Chargers or Texans to upset the Patriots in the playoffs. It would be nice to see somebody besides the damn Patriots represent the AFC. I refuse to watch the Super Bowl, again... if those bastards make it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    pats or cowboys for me. If both make it then I will just laugh my butt off, as i drive off a cliff lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah,
    Man, I appreciate math - but it definitely doesn't tell the story given the last 3 games.

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We need Jim Mora to yell... "Bye Week?!?!" Bye Week!??!! Talk about Bye Week?!?! I just want to win a game.":facepalm:

12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Ya the bye week most likely went down the toilet with that loss last night . Even if they do beat the Pats now they most likely are not gonna finish ahead of them in the standings even if both are wildcard teams which means should they both meet in the playoffs the Pats will have the home field and the game will once again be in Foxboro where the Steelers chances of winning are not very good.

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Not very good? I'd say there is NO chance of winning at Foxboro. It won't matter anyway... either the Steelers will squeak by, make the playoffs and be one and done... or the Ravens will win the North and Steelers will be farting into their couches in January, watching the playoffs on TV.