1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winning the AFC North still is fairly good shape..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 3, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    That is if the Steelers take care of the games they should win in the last 4 weeks over a pathetic Oakland team next Sunday, and they can beat a Bengals team with Jeff Driscoll at QB the last week of the season that has basically quit on their season. The Ravens still have to play games at Kansas City and at the Chargers which I am convinced they are not going to win. Their other two games are at home with Tampa and the Browns which they should win. So the bottom line now is to win the division beat both the Raiders and Bengals and finish 9-6-1 worst case scenario and the Ravens lose in both KC and in LA against the Chargers and finish 9-7 and you win the division. It just sucks now after this loss last night now there is essentially no chance of getting a 1st round bye or finishing ahead of the Pats now in the standings even if they do beat them in 2 weeks here at home.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol ravens probably win 3 games

3. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Don’t see them winning in both KC and LA with the way Lamar Jackson has been running the ball essentially every other play. That might be good enough to win against both Tampa and the Browns in Baltimore but I don’t see it being good enough to win in both Kansas City and in LA against the Chargers with as explosive as both those offenses are. Win against the Raiders next week and that last week at home against the Bengals and worst case finish 9-6-1 and finish most likely with the 4 seed and probably a rematch here with the Chargers on wildcard weekend.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Really? We havn't beat a team that is worth a **** all year, and you wana go to the playoffs??.. screw that!! lets take our losses and lets get a decent draft spot . i want no .No more playoff runs with a subpar coach!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wins against the Raiders and Bengals, they need to split with Patriots and New Orleans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Regardless how bad they will be in the playoffs I still like when they make it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I still think they will win against the Raiders next week and their home games against both the Pats and Bengals and lose to the Saints and finish 10-5-1. That will prob give them the 4 seed which I said above and will give them a rematch with the Chargers here wildcard weekend which I would like their chances of winning a rematch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Chargers would most likely have Gordon back for that game. Yes, the Steelers should have won last night, but they also got a lucky break in facing the Chargers without one of the best running backs in the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Just beat NE so Houston can get the bye. All I'm hoping for at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    They could very easily go 1-3. Who knows what to expect from a Tomlin coached team now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well to be honest that's not the Steelers way as of lately!!! Got to face adversity and drama and get smashed in first round!!!

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers couldn't beat the Chargers at home with a 2 score lead at Heinz Field. How the hell are they gonna beat the Patriots?

And to add insult to injury... Chargers #1 RB was out. :facepalm:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I know what to expect. Underachieving and undisciplined football teams. Oh and 0 in game adjustments. The Tomlin way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Steelers have to beat both Oakland and Cincy and have Baltimore lose to both KC and Diego. Only chance to get in and even if that happens it doesn’t matter this team is dog ****

15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep... not gonna win in the playoffs. Another wasted season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I know. It sucks to not make the playoffs but making it when you have an inconsistent team and terrible pass defense is just a waste of time

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I never seen a Steelers team self destruct and be it's own worst enemy as much as this one. Chargers had a lot of help from the Steelers and the refs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    At the risk of making Mustard sound like the positive one, against how many teams does a 16 point lead get erased by 2 scores.... everyone knows it’s POSSIBLE.... but the success rate????

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Maybe Brady will get the Flu in the next 2 weeks. That's the only way Steelers will have any chance of winning.

9-6-1 will be the final record. I predicted 9-7. I was damn close.

• Like Like x 1
  20. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Hold on! So YOU’RE saying we get 2 more wins with 4 to play and one of those wins comes against Oakland? Sounds like a Christmas miracle early! I have visions of George Bailey running through the streets of Bedford Falls....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    8-7-1 sounds more realistic. Steelers might beat the Bengals in week 17. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Even if we make the playoffs we are one and done. This team has zero discipline, continues to play like garbage in all facets of the game and is not well coached team. You can’t play one half of football in the NFL and be successful. This team has proven that fact time and time again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    UGH!! It has to be pretty low. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ravens have at Chargers and at Chiefs yet. They have home against Bucs and Browns at home. Not exactly an easy street.

That being said Steelers have to win at least next week and week 17. Hope they show up in one of the two games against either NO or NE.

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers missing the playoffs entirely will be just icing to the cake.... in which Patriots or Cowboys win the super bowl.