1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The annoying thing with the call was that had he handed it off, the RB seemed to have a wide gap - the Rams were intent on rushing the passer and I believe there would have been a lane for at least a few yards as they had over-committed.

Just before the snap I was thinking: "please don't try and PA here..."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Pouncey certainly. Don't know what was up with him all game.

3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    DeCastro had a pretty bad game but Donald is kinda good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Winners:
    1. The entire defense
    2. James washington
    3. Boswell

Losers:
    1. Offensive ball security
    2. Run blocking

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Tunch said the easiest way to the QB is Route 66.....Decastro's number:smiley1:

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Minkah is everything I thought and hoped he would be. Absolute playmaker.

Joe Haden had his best game. Very active in breaking up passes.

Steven Nelson, once again incredibly solid. Probably the unsung hero of the defense. He is not being thrown at much which tells me he is doing his job very effectively.

TJ Watt - an absolute monster.

Washington - improving every game. I dont think he will ever be a #1 receiver, but I do think he is capable of being a 1,000 yard #2.

On the bad side of things

That safety cannot happen. Lots of blame to go along. Fichtner and Tomlin for calling a PA with your backs up against the end zone. DeCastro and Banner being beat immediately. Rudolph not having the awareness to get rid of it. That play can't happen.

Okarafor is not an NFL Tackle. I get they wanted Feiler inside, but please let's get Finney back in at LG and Feiler back at RT.

Devin Bush - where'd you go?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    We were all losers last night having to watch the officiating.

23 penalties. And why bother reviewing anything? They still get it wrong most of the time.

I could not believe what I was seeing. It felt like there was a flag every other play for the whole game. I was ready to smash my tv.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The WRs are NOT a bunch of scrubs. They are young. JuJu was forced into the #1 role then lost his starting QB. Washington is in his 2nd year and is developing slowly, but is contributing finally. Johnson is a rookie, let's not overstate how well he has played for that role. Compare his numbers to Antonio Brown at the same point. I don't think he has underperformed. Switzer and Holton....yep scrubs, but let's also not forget that Moncrief was supposed to be a starter and stunk. Switzer was to be the #4 and play in the slot where he had chemistry with Ben. When Ben got hurt, away went his contribution to our offense. Holton can't catch, but what more could you expect from your #6 receiver who is was only supposed to be on special teams.

We will probably draft another WR this offseason, and I expect we sign a UFA as well. Let me mention a guy to keep an eye on. Gandy Golden. WR-Liberty. The kid can play and should be there in the 3rd or 4th round.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers need WR, RB, OLB and TE in the draft, IMO.

10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I honestly don't even blame Fichtner or Tomlin (or whoever was the playcaller on the safety). Nor do I blame Rudolph. That one was on DeCastro IMO. Aaron Donald beat him like a rented mule on that play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Agree.

That game was really brutal to watch because of that.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bush only played 35 snaps, Barron led the team in tackles, and had his best game as a Steeler.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Motivation is motivating....