1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners And Losers Titans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers4Lyfe, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Winner:

Can I say the entire front 7? Tuitt and Heyward are still animlas. Williams and especially Bostic had great games. Edmunds with the pic and run back is just a glimpse of what the kid is capable of. Tremendous athlete to make that catch and then get up and return it 30 yards.

Hard to judge on O. Love what I’m seeing from Conner in the pass game.

Loved the Hunter TD. Was hard to judge where he’d be in the depth chart before today but I really think the Steelers coaching staff want him to take over for DHB and the handful of gadget/streak plays that they use to give to him.

O-Line had a tremendous day pass blocking. Was Ben ever touched or had to move much the whole time?

Losers:

Big Ben had some rust and missed some passes that should have easily of been conpletions. Needs to get that together before week 1.

The running game was not good for the first string. Not sure if it was Conner not hitting holes or the O line giving none.

JuJu missed a couple passes that he should of had.

Dupree, to me, gets neutralized too much. He is sometimes slow off the line. When he is, he’s a no show in the play. Then the next play he will fire off and show his athleticism and there he will be in the play.

The secondary can’t blow a coverage like that early in the game. That could have been game changing that early and something really good teams would have certainly taken advantage of.

Super happy with how the D did. Can’t really fault the O too much when we are missing 2 all pro players.

This is strictly from the first team O and D up until about halftime. We made it about a half here before all hell broke loose with the kids and I couldn’t give my conplete attention.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I actually thought Dupree looked pretty good. The switch to the right definitely suits him. I just hope they can get Watt ready on the other side after missing so much of camp.

Roethlisberger made a few plays, but he wasn't sharp. I'm guessing he won't be sharp for the opener, either. The starting offense just isn't getting the time it needs together this preseason due to injuries, Bell's holdout and Roethlisberger's inactivity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    GOOD
    Best coverage special team effort in a long time. 1st and 2nd string D played awesome not allowing a first down after the first series until well into 4th Qtr and keeping TN in their own end of the field again until well into the 4th Qtr. Pressure on QB and sacks were great to see. O has a way to go but no Bell and no Brown.

BAD
    Too many stupid consecutive red zone penalties to open 2nd half.

UGLY

upload_2018-8-25_16-51-55.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Thomas was a winner for me. Looks good on special teams and very athletic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Under the ugly, what does Rosie O’Donnell have to do with this?

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It was easier than posting a picture of last week's entire game. I looked up "ugly" in my Webster and found that pic. ;)

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Winners
    Calm Patient realistic Steelers fans.

Losers
    The negative complainers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The good: I was clicking through the channels and found the game.

The bad: I thought it was a 7:00 game.

The ugly: I was waiting to see the starters and tuned in at 5:00 missing the 1st qtr. and part of the 2nd. Grrrr. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I've been calling Keith Butler a loser for 2 weeks. So tonight I will give credit where credit is due. Tonight Keith Butler is a winner. Defense looked great.

Matt Thomas looked good. Ola Adeyini looked good. Bostic was good. Vince was good. Really all the linebackers came to play today. Even Farington Hugeinin looked good. Hard to find much fault on the defensive side of the ball tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Winner, Hunter showed good seperation on the TD catch.

Loser, Dupree has a terrible first step.

11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think all of the linebackers really stepped it up. Makes things interesting for the cut. I think both Fort looked really good. I like Matt Thomas to make the squad. #92 and #99 played well.

As mentioned, both Tuitt and Heyward played great. Overall a great performance by everyone tackling.

on offense, Jaylen Samuels! Definitely think he needs to be on the roster when all is said and done. Everyone played pretty well this game. It'll be interesting to see how things get cut down.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Winners
    Hugenin
    Thomas
    Adenyi
    Tuitt
    Edmunds
    Hunter
    Conner
    Samuels
    Fort
    Losers
    JuJu
    OL penalties and run blocking was weak

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Did juju have a bad game? As I said I missed the first qtr. and a half.:cool:

14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Dropped two balls he should have had. One would have been a big gainer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    He had a chance at a touchdown on the blatant drop.

The question is loaded. He caught 6 of his 8 targets but the two he missed, like stated above, one was blatant and would have gone for a huge gain of not touchdown. Luckily Ben got the Titans to jump offsides so it didn’t kill the drive bc the drop did come on 3rd down. He catches that ball 99/100 times. The second one was a contested catch that he had to reach back for. He got both hands on it but didn’t bring it in.

I say the question of him having a good game is loaded because on its face, you’d see that he dropped two big passes throughout the game. But going deeper into it, you can tell this young man is on another level.

He’s not big nor fast, but he is consistently getting open and having a couple steps on starting CB’s in this league. It’s awesome to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm more disappointed in Dupree than anyone around here....that being said I think they may have found a niche for him. When they move him around to get him in space he looks pretty good. If they line him up at OLB on a regular basis ,I'm not expecting much. Although I do think the side switch helps as well...

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Terrell Edmunds definitely a winner today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is it a function of Butler, of the staters al playing and playing together, a game where a game plan was used, or???

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Any body see the taunting call?

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We had good Juju and bad Juju.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It was on Dangerfield, I think the refs screwed up calling Edmunds number.

22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Probably has a lot to do with the starters playing. Either way I've been knocking Butler theast couple weeks so I thought I'd give the dog his due. The Steelers definitely came out motivated. It looked to me like they actually schemed for the Titans. That defense sure wasn't vanilla. It looked like the blitzed on almost every play.

23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The annoumcers stated it wasn't Terrell. I missed the actual taunt.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I saw it. It was Dangerfield. Edmunds wasn’t even on the field at the time. The ref even corrected it a minute later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016