1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilson or fields? Week 1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Smokestacks23, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly, Mahomes falls under mobile QB’s. He could be like Allen if they wanted but they dont risk him that way, they may have some designed runs in there but most of his runs come from plays breaking down or if the sea just opens up in front of him, he’ll take it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Agreed. I will say, STDs stats suggest those were all designed runs. Obviously quarterback rushing yards is tracked but is it separated into scrambles vs. called running plays? There is a difference, at least to me, between a mobile qb and a "running" one.
    I don't imagine you'll see many guys like Manning or Brady who were essentially statues back there. Mahomes is clearly the best combination of passing and doing damage with his feet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Aw....the Hypocrite looking for people to back Him up , and help him. LoL....run along, and look for friends to say You are right. LoL

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....all Qbs run at some point......Some have to live by it and when they can't anymore their careers are over. If I have to break this down anymore .....I'm wasting my time. If People can't see by the examples the number of games played, and the time of run are so different between the 3 ....I'm wasting My time.
    Tom Brady had 693 runs...., but He didn't depend on them to play....just like Mahomes doesn't. Again if I must explain it anymore....I'm wasting My time

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah....sorry I didn't put a Guy that played 10 freaking seasons, and had 3 winning seasons, and that in the SB had no tds... running , or throwing, but had 3 turnovers......sorry . Sorry ....I'm so sorry .....I'm sorry....I forgot He was awesome.....LoL.....Burrow actually did something in the SB he lost, so did Marino, and Kelly.....yet the MVP Cam....did nothing but turn the ball over. So again sorry I didn't mention Him.....LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok let's look at the J. Allen fairly compared to Mason ,and KFP, ...not CHEERY PICK as You did above. J. Allen was 15-12 in His first two seasons playing....KFP was..14 -10, and Mason was 8-4-1. You can't count games they didn't play....Now tell me with the same amount of games played how much more games J. Allen won??? LoL
    So in Your words....What in Gods name are You talking about.....I really shouldn't have had to break it down for You, but I guess You just wanted to cherry pick.
    I figured I'd get a disagree....because it didn't follow what You were trying to say.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....yeah Mahomes in more games has almost half the runs......One must run to play, and one doesn't.

8. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I literally said in my post, that Mahomes is not a one-trick pony so yes, you are wasting your time. You are stating something that is obvious to even the most casual football fan.
    I just don't understand why you go from zero to argumentative with every single topic.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did I say something that upset You. LoL. I just made a statement....if it did something That I didn't intend.....that's a You problem.....not a me problem.
    Also what is obvious to some fans...aren't to all....I watched a dump off called a screen by 50% of the board more than once last year....So:shrug:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Really don’t know what your position is on this, So you consider Mahomes a running QB?

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And Someone just said it was obvious to most watchers.

Again....all Qb run....there is not a Qb that hasn't run....I've went through this many many many times on this board. All Qbs run....every single Qb has run...,but...If You must run to play ....You are a running Qb.....If You take away the running abilities, and automatically You are an average Qb ....You are a running Qb.....if You can only play is systems designed around You running for yards....You are a running Qb....

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wouldnt it have been a lot easier to say the Mahomes isn’t a running QB :shrug:

So Im not sure why you gave my post a hilarious rating when I explained he isn’t one.

There are mobile QB’s and running QB’s. You know this because you yourself have classified Mahomes as a mobile QB in the past.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    You said "wasting my time" 3 times, like you're talking to a child. Then again, your condescension knows no limits.
    I guess I just need to be reminded every now and again that you are the smartest person on this message board.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You were attacking a straw man and engaging in oversimplification. That is a toxic combination of logical fallacies. Neither of them was saying quarterback play doesn't matter. It is oversimplification to write as if quarterback play is all that matters, which is what you seem to do. The truth is that quarterbacks have more of an influence over wins and losses than other players, but the rest of the team still has a large impact on the success or failure of the team. Someone who claims to understand football as you do should know that. Why don't you?

Regarding the rest of your nonsense, there is no hypocrisy in my point, PeeWee. I pointed out your hypocrisy and you couldn't handle it, so you channeled Paul Ruebens.

I mocked your reliance on logical fallacies on its merits, not to recruit help I don't need.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is one of his little games when someone makes a point that he doesn't like. He rates them as hilarious.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    wont it be funny if Steelers cut Wilson too before season starts .Let the screw-overs continue:thumbs_up:

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    He will not be cut

Get a Kleenex and blow that snotty idea out of your head

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    His brain?

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I had a roommate who thought he lost brain cells every time he sneezed

I saw no evidence to disagree

• Like Like x 1
  20. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Shades of the days of "slash" Stewart or Randal el returning? Not sure how I'd feel about that but who knows? Definitely opens the door to trick plays and some creativity like we used to have.