1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Willie Colon going to get cut?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no not at all, i said we would like decastro, i don't see a chance i heck that we get him. we may be lucky to have glenn fall far enough to us. i know decastro's good, but i don't think he's as big of a jump as alot of people are making him out to be. there are some good guards in the draft. i don't think it's a jump like peyton to bubby. i just think glenn would be a good guard for us and his position flexability is a plus with all the holes we have in the steelers eyes. i don't think decastro is as good as faneca was coming out of college. i think with gilbert on the left side and glenn next to him these two will allow us to run to the left again. personnally, i'd like to see those two be our right side in a perfect world. decastro and martin on the left. then we would have something. :cool:

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That sounds like a world class line mac! O think Glenn would be a good pickup for G. We still need a stud LT. I would leave Gilbert at RT Glenn at LG plug in Foster at RG and go find a real LT. I haven't really researched who is out there as FA. But that is a big need for us. When Max keeps the weight down, he has decent movement and can be a stop gap for another year. LT needs to be a priority. LT probably isn't priority for the FO this off season unfortunately but if not now, then next year is absolute must. My fear is that they will try to force Gilbert at LT and keep Colon at RT. If that happens, I see another injury for Colon and Gilbert getting abused. Colon goes down and we move Gilbert back to RT and keep a revolving door at LT which doesn't bode well for Ben and his style of play. Haley and Kugler have their work cut out.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there are a few guys that could be pretty good and are not real high on alot of lists but i like their games. first is zusevics from iowa. the kid has played RT in his time there but if you watch his game , he just latches on his man and doesn't give ground and his man gets nowhere near the qb. he just stonewalls them. he's not the heaviest guy in the draft either. he is mobile though and strong. i think he could become a LT in the league. i like kelemete, and he's another that could play LT in a pinch, but brings stregnth and mobility. i think he could play well next to pouncey at guard. with position flexability. i still like matt reynolds from byu also. schwartz from cal is another pretty good player. they are out there. the teams thinking that only SEC linemen are the only picks we should make lately has to change. they have to quit taking big tackles and trying to just move them inside to guard and expect them to shine. i'd like to see more mobility on this team. some strong mobile guys with a bad attitude. all of our linemen have the same MO except pouncey, big and slow footwork. they need to get away from this mentality.

lets look at them, foster, c.scott,j.scott,essex,gilbert,kemoeatu,colon,turner .... they all could be the same player. big and slow footed. :shrug: :cool: