1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Willie Colon: Ben seriously considered retiring

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 18, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw this the other day. I'm dreading the day that this really happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Cue the Landry/Dobbs jokes.

4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s time to go for broke so to speak. At most, Ben will play through next year. My gut says this is his last year.

I hope we got lucky drafting Dobbs.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I could tell the end was near and said as much in that thread we had mid-season about Ben. I honestly believe this offseason was not a real possibility but next offseason he will think about it even further. Two years tops imo and I'd be really surprised at the second (2018). If Brady calls it quits after this next season, I think Ben definitely returns. He won't want to be in that retirement shadow.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is as me and you have stated Blast.

This year could be it for Big Ben. Here is hoping the Steelers reach the stairway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

Gisele's mention of "repeated concussions" also adds more moonlight that will lead to Brady's clock striking at midnight.

Seems that the great Quarterbacks of the 2000s is reaching its end. Aaron Rodgers getting up there in age as well. Matt Ryan too.

Interested to see what the current and future quarterbacks can do. Joshua Dobbs and Dak Prescott I do have hope in. Derek is the real deal and it seems that Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz will be either good or great in due time.

Biggest question for me thus far is can Chris Ballard assist Andrew Luck better. His approach seems better on paper. We will have to wait and see.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Fix that o-line and look out.

9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Not surprising...... anyone who watched Ben closely over the last quarter of the season could tell that something wasn't quite right.... all those aches and pains add up, and at his age, I would've been shocked if he hadn't considered walking away......
    It's a natural progression, and after a little rest and healing, usually cooler heads prevail.... still, I don't see more than 2 more seasons tops

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    with this receiving corp, (if they stay healthy and off the dope) it could become fun for ben again swaying his decision a couple of more years. thats my take anyway. :smiley1::cool:

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep. Seems that Ryan Kelly from a year ago and La'Raven Clark could be the future if their training camps go well.

Adding another offensive lineman and this thing called a rushing attack would not hurt either.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    For sure if we make it to the SB this year and win it, Ben will retire with no regrets, and if we dont make it to the SB Ben will be frustrated and call it quits, either way I predict this is his last year, like they say in football if a player is considering retirement, "He is retired"

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012