1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

William Gay signs with Cardinals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Mar 25, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Such class.

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Go ridence, Gay, Kemo, and Arians. Santa Clause has been good to the Steelers. Now, lets just hope they get O-Line help in the draft along with a NT, Alameda Ta'amu DT, Washington, and ILB in the 3rd, re-sign Wallace, and Haley gets the offense going.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea and some wonder why he'd wanna leave :lolol:

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why would I send a garbage player a nice farewell? I'm sure he gave most of us high blood pressure with his garbage skills.

I sent others nice ones.... Hines even kept mine up on his tweet board. I sent nice ones to Hoke, Farrior, and Smith.

If Wallace goes you'll know I'll send him a really nice one . :evil: lol

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And you will ptobably be the first to blast the new guy who starts also

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll give the new guy time, Gay had his shot and never improved. Last season they played garbage teams so Gay gets 0 points for that. I was pushing for Lewis last season but he kept getting injured, so I'm sticking with him.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Lewis had his chance aldo and had a mental melt down. Im very worried this is going to turn out like the 03 season when are pass defense was horrible chad scott and deshea Townsend all over again though taylor is better then Townsend

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lewis was hurt for the most part, last season doesn't count. I don't think he really recovered from that receiver falling onto his knee. ( from preseason?)

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I hope your right juzt nervous alao becuase we have no depth

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    But i do think lewis did a good job at nickel last year maybe another year if maturing helped. It was said he was the only one eho could cover wallace in high scholl lol

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

My gut instinct is telling me Lewis is going to be a good one. In the past it told me, Wallace, Woodley, Antonio Brown, and Redman will be good ones. :thumbs_up: it's also telling me if Sanders can stay healthy he's going to have a great season. Brown will open things up for him.

Now if my gut could only telling me the winning Lotto #'s :hmmm:

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol good lord i need to get my phone fixed i cracked the screen and it types whatever it wants now.

13. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Although I thought he had a pretty good year last year, his overall body of work was horrendous and I'm glad to see him go.

Blitz

14. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Wonder what the guy could have did with frickin cleats...... ever see a guy slip slidin as much? Anyways, good luck Gay.

Be honest though, a few phone calls to a solid vet and maybe a 4th or 5th round pick or two and you ll never really miss him.

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope somebody good takes his old number...

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope that Gay takes some of the up front money from this new contract and FIXES HIS TEETH! Geez, William, you've got more than enough money to do it. Go see an orthodontist for crying out loud!

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    That's just wrong. Hateful even. It makes Steeler Nation look classless. He didn't do anything bad enough to deserve such mean spirited words. He may not have been a pro bowler but he outplayed his draft position and kept McFadden/ K. Lewis off the field with his play. If I had a twitter account I'd tweet him an apology.

Cajun-

18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Last season was by far Willie Gay's best season as a pro. And he was an average NFL corner. Maybe he'll continue to improve but if your best season gets you to where you are just average, then we can do much better and won't miss him. Willie Gay stepped up his play to the point where he can now tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. Good riddance.

19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He should be sending Steelers nation an apology for sucking. 90% of those 3rd and longs that turned into first downs were on his side of the field.

20. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Gay can't turn his head and then locate the ball or even keep his balance. Also he's not very athletic, every corner we have on the team is more athletic than him. He got pushed out of town by more talented guys on the roster... that's a good thing. If the steelers would have made any effort to resign him, I think it would have created the perception that they weren't actually as high on Allen, Lewis and Brown. I'm excited about those guys and wouldn't want them not playing because of..........................Drum roll.........................Willie Gay? I say good riddance as well. It is sad that Arizona is literally becoming the place steelers go to die.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, they could have inserted them as starters at any point during the season, and didn't... whether this was down to the steeler's penchant for veterans over youth, or down to what they were showing on the practice field, I guess we'll see next year...

22. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    yeah, we'll have to take the wait and see approach to that. I just ment we don't need him. In the grand scheme of building a team he was absolutly expendable because we have people on the roster that can already do what he does...with the ceiling to still grow and do it better...by this time you know exactly what you're going to get from Gay and it's not enough to keep him around and potentially hand cuff the development of other players.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Or injuries... I believe all three suffered injuries this season(or pre-season), that could have held them back.
    Not positive about Brown, but I know the other two did...
    Like you said, We`ll see what happens in`012.
    Gay really did play well last year, imo, but that`s not what he had shown, prior to it, and I have a feeleing the qb`s we faced, had a bit to do with that.

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Aye, I agree.

I do think it's a shame they didn't try moving Gay to safety - I think he would have done well there (though obviously as a back up, with out current starters, and financially that wouldn't have made sense). Given that he usually lined up ten yards from his receiver, it wouldn't even have been too far of a move.

25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    one would think they would've learned their lesson after mcfadden...........