1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

William Gay signs with Cardinals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Mar 25, 2012.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just heard on the NFL network that Gay has signed with the Cards.

I personally think we're better off. We played against some of the worst QB's in the league last year and he was just okay. Against the better QB's, he's still awful.

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank God because the steelers were not gonna cut him.He may get a little shine in one of the worst division in the league.Tell him to say HELLO to ALL the "west coast steelers" for us. :towel:

3. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Good riddance, don't need anymore Gays here

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

More seriously, do the Cards sign anybody who hasn't played for Pittsburgh anymore?

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    may that is some good news who takes his place?

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It SHOULD be a wide open horse race between Lewis, Brown, and Allen. And I think it will be.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I am so happy...I'm crying.......I just hope the Steelers don't Mcfadden him and trade for him next year

HACK

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Can we just call it what it really is already?

Gay Goes to Pittsburgh West

Have you ever idolized someone so much that all you want to do emulate them each step of the way. Sure its flattering but eerily creepy at the same time.

I wonder if the Cardinals win the Superbowl if Gay will show up for the parade wearing Black N Gold?

Gay had his best season by far last year but has been burnt more than not over the course of his career. Good Ridance!

9. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Seriously tho, why does a person like Gay go to a team like AZ for? It's gotta be better money cause u sure in hell don't go there for wins or to play in the SB. I think he got paid a $1mil last year so I would assume he would get a little more for having a decent year. I think we'll be ok and Allen or Lewis will have to,step up.

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He better fix his Twitter sig quick.

11. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow does Whisenhunt have any shame over there? He's basically saying he can't develop players on his own.

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, that is what he is saying. I guess he should have team full of rookies so he can prove his abilities.

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    No shame in his game... But even he, wouldn`t take Arians.. LOL!!!
    P.S., Yes, I know he is the offensive "guru" over there, but it is funny, how that is where used up Steelers go to die.
    Wow.
    That sounded more harsh than I meant it to, but...

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    NFL.COM said that the Cardinals "bolstered their secondary" by adding Gay. What they should have said was they bolstered OUR secondary by taking this slouch off of our hands! Christmas has came early in Steeler Nation! BA and now Willy Gay! We can't be any more blessed than we are! And as if getting rid of these guys wasn't enough we get Todd Haley! Oh we've been some good boys this year! If you can't tell I'm really excited about this!

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh yeah AND KEMO is gone!!!! Merry Christmas to ALL and to ALL a good night!!!!!

16. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    YES! It seriously cracks me up how many Steelers end up in Az.

17. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Are you kidding me? Talk about sloppy seconds. I would be embarrassed to be associated with the Arizona organization with all the Steeler cast offs they've signed. Really, have any of them panned out well for them? And yet they keep on signing them. Good for us though!

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I really dont see why people are still making a big deal of Steelers players/etc going to AZ. OF COURSE its going to happen...a lot of their staff/etc came from Pittsburgh so they are familiar with the guys and what they offer. Just like when Rex Ryan went to NY a lot of former Ravens followed...same is slowly happening with the new Indy coach (former Ravens DC)...it happens all the time. Player and coach familiarity is a big thing in the NFL. A player is more comfortable with a certain coach and visa versa...some of the moves end up not making an impact some go on to really help their new teams. Lets move on from this...jeeez.

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We're still making a big deal out of it because they keep trying to create a mini Steelers team out there with many of our rejects and they do nothing but continue to fail miserably. Are they incapable of developing their own players in their own system? Have they no pride? (Rhetorical question - the answer is obviously "no!")

20. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't see why people get bent out of shape about it either. Who cares where our guys go when they leave?

21. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wouldn't say they failed. At least not all of them. They got what they got. Washed up Steelers. Guys not good enough to start for us anymore, but still good enough to fill roles somewhere around the league. I'm sure they knew what they were getting most of the time. Hell, that's why they got them. Because they knew what they were getting. I think it's funny, but that's about all.

And some of them definitely worked. I know we'd have had a lot more success the last few years if we had Russ Grimm and not Larry Zieierlieeien.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    their D-coordinator knows what he's getting,he used to be his coach. gay is not the worst db i've ever seen and has some worth to them. we will need to be adding someone that doesn't know our system. i'd say gay will know theirs better. :cool:

23. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it is good he left. Our other young corners might make a play. Gay was getting fried all the time and very rarely made a play.

Good for us.

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I sent him a nice farewell tweet :evil: .. " Thank you for signing with the Cards , you did Pittsburgh a huge favour have fun losing" PS You Suck!!

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He didnt go there for Whiz...he went there for Horton

HACK