1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will your Christmas be ruined if the Steelers lose to the Chiefs on Sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 16, 2014.

1. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No in the least. If the Steelers would have played solid football all year, this question would not have come up. Steelers football ranks 2nd on my list when it comes to Christmas, that is Gods time.

2. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Really awesome to see so many answers in here that are "Nope. Christmas means something else to me entirely, and it's not football."

That is awesome.

3. Buffalo Bills Fan

Buffalo Bills Fan New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Yes here as Bills fan lol. We need you guys to win this week, most of the fanbase here cheering for Steelers and Chargers againest 49ers to lose this week. You guys sort of do hold our chances for playoffs as well honestly. A win this week i will forgot that last game Bills had and forgive you guys. Steelers are my second favorite team know a bunch of Steelers fans. Lets go Steelers this SUnday and help us out a bit lol.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Good to have you around - welcome to the board!

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It will get me down... and I know it shouldn't. Christmas lately has just been any other day to me now...

I am in a sad state of affairs my friends lol

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only that but Christmas is 4 days later, plus, losing doesn't eliminate them.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Not to be
    THE BOSSY BIG SISTER

but
    how the heck is a
    BILLS FAN posting in the Steelers Talk forum????
    did we lift the sanctions of other team fans from posting in the Other teams football talk forum?????

1st Cuba now this?

interesting TSTL

:smiley1:

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No.

MYOB

9. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    To answer the question -

The Steelers losing will really bum me out, but by the time X-mas rolls around I'll be too busy trying to get all the magic ready for the kids.

But I'll tell you who might ruin it - The IN-LAWS! :eek:

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    uh that's not nice
    hope you don't get put on the naughty list so close to Christmas

back on topic

a loss would only (a little bit)lessen the excitement of the Steeler paraphernalia I get from Santa
    with the added pressure of a must win at home week 17

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I recently told my wife we should spend next Christmas someplace named after a French saint.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My mother loved the game.

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im sooo jealous. I don't have an official Bucket List, but that is the one thing that I would say is on my Bucket List. What sucks ass is that I was in St Maarten in the Spring of 2000 and had no idea what was going on over at Maho Beach. Definitely have to make a trip back someday. Take some pics and vids to post here.

[video=youtube;rpBmChT4KTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBmChT4KTs[/video]

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Wow that prt of the beach wld suck,, :smiley1:

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I am proudly biased! LOL!

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ya know I've never wanted to spend Christmas in a warm place. It is generally like in the mid 40s for us during Christmas. I've always thought it would be so cool to have a big snow on Christmas. I guess you northern folk have experienced plenty of those. It would cripple us as far as where we live because there are so many of us live on windy mountain backroads but I just think it would be neat. I actually wouldn't be surprised if most northerners WEREN'T dreaming of a White Christmas. LOL.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A loss would bite but I fail to see what that would have to do with Christmas.

I used to be mad all week after a loss but lately it only lasts a day or two. Xmas is 5 days later so I should be good.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    YOY come and live in Western Pa most of your life (last winter) just about sealed it for me. I can't wait to get outta here from Dec to May. You guys can have the non sunshine cold temps.

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Maybe I'm just a cynic, but it's really not all that. Having spent the last several years in NH for Christmas I pray for mild weather so I don't get stuck up there.

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've lived in Ohio for most of my life (besides when I want to college in Arkansas and lived in Indiana a few years after that), and I still love big snow storms. I'll never get tired of them. There's something warm and cozy about being stuck in the house and not being able to go anywhere, and having no excuses to keep you from just spending time with your family instead of running all over the place.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's predicted to be high 70s-low 80s at my house. I'd LOVE to have a snowy Christmas.....................but only one.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I used to feel that way.

Then I got old.

Shoveling sucks!

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Light covering for Christmas is good but nothing that requires removal. I have to clear about a half of football field worth of snow, all I did last winter, better not have another season like that :kapow:

24. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    nope. the days of my mood resting on wins and loses are long gone.

once i had my daughter, Steelers winning or loosing became less important to me.

i still watch them every week and always want them to win, but if they loose it doesnt effect me for more than about 10 minutes.

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    when we won i'm happy and dreaming what we can do if we keep playing well , when we lose i start screaming at tomlin and i found peace after 5 days of beating him (verbally writing )..

someway i found my balance .:goofy: