1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will There Even Be an NFL Season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Good luck, Scribe. Let's hope it's not Corona. If it is, let's hope you're part of the lucky group with little ill effects.

Everyone by now has seen examples of panic rushes on grocery stores. Shelves picked clean. No toilet paper. No water. No medicine. No food....

And we haven't even hit crisis mode yet!!! Now instead of those goods being in temporarily short supply, imagine instead they're hospital beds, ICU spots, ventilators and drugs. THAT is what happens if we don't get ahead of this. And that is what will kill the most people. Lack of care when they could have survived with a bit of help.

BTW, stop panicking! Yes, buy a little extra here and there. Stock up to have a few weeks of non-perishables on hand if needed. But no one needs 5 years worth of toilet paper, etc. And for the time being, the trucks are still running. It's not like they're not making/bringing more.

Yes. Self isolating sucks. Yes, companies shutting down hurts. People missing work will struggle. But these are necessary evils to prevent a REAL problem. People will get sick anyway. Many will die anyway. But those numbers can be mitigated. Had we the knowledge, and easy communication in 1918 we have today, the death rate from Spanish Influenza could've been reduced by at least 30%.

Too many people with this attitude ;) :

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Really dude? I didn’t watch the whole video, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts there isn’t one shred of proof that cnn has deemed it racist to call it the wuhan virus. Just more sensationalist bs. I did hear the part where they said Trump is looking for a scapegoat, but that isn’t anything new. He does it on almost a daily basis. His favorite scapegoat is Obama. It doesn’t matter if it’s factually accurate or not.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Once again, stop bringing in political discussions. How difficult is this rule to understand?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Rest assured there wont be a 3 day rookie minicamp, and there wont be any OTAs and this season will be cancelled untill this covid 19 ends, their not even sure on how to hold next months draft it's very unlikely any crowd will be allowed to attend as in the past.....

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Noted Blast, it won't happen again. Was just responding to a post and went there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Thanks. Fortunately have some reserved funds to rely on. There are a lot of people that don't. It sucks for us all.

Formerscribe hope that your ok and it turns out negative.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Godspeed recovery for you Scribe, my county has its first case confirmed. The rate of confirmed cases double every week here in Florida.

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Wow. Just imagine what the chaos will be like if during the coming peak there are far more cases than the hospitals could handle. If we are headed for a worse case scenario like that and the majority of the population get Covid-19, people who are "unlucky" to get that flu now (early) will be seen as the lucky ones later as they could get full attention and all the help needed from the system.

Good luck and best wishes fighting whatever virus you got.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I overheard an idiot in the breakroom the other day saying he hopes they shut the place down for two weeks which drew the response it will never happen. I call him an idiot because if we shut down for 2 weeks he isn't going to get paid. The company is great to work for but no way can they afford to pay 3000+ for two weeks with out operating. We have already been going into overtime for everyone to handle the rise in customer orders based on fears that they won't have a supply of parts available. The crisis has slowed some of the vendors in china we buy from and turn around and supply but it hasn't slowed it that much.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Just got tougher for Tomlin...He has to get to 9 wins now...To get to that vaunted.500 record, Some are so fond of :applaud:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  13. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    So with the new CBA in place. What is the Steelers updated cap situation?

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Cap is raised 10 million for this season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

17. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    All cause of the goofey ass Chinese.

• Like Like x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good luck brother.
    Did they close your school yet?

19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The bats that they sell at the wet markets in the Wuhan province are the problem. That type of bat is a host for the coronavirus. The people living there that enjoy a nice bowl of bat stew have upended the entire world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Chinese use to drink Mercury to achieve ever lasting life. They also throw their female babies in the river. Yep, goofey.

21. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    They think bats cure asthma, seriously stupid. They need to get with the times. Because of their bs the world is on lockdown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016

Thank you to you and the others for the good wishes. I'm actually not feeling that bad. The sore throat and tightness in my chest are still there and I'm a bit tired, but the fever seems to be gone.

Every school in my county is closed until Thursday. The superintendents here and all over New York are putting pressure on the state to shut down schools and waive the 180-day minimum, which is allowed when there is a state of emergency. I'm told they did it after Hurricane Sandy.

If my test comes back positive, the local health department will probably shut down my school for at least two weeks. That is what they have done with other schools dealing with a confirmed case by a student or staff member.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    How about this my friend, I know what I've heard, you know what you haven't heard - let's leave it at that. We have too much good history of friendly exchanges over the years on this MB to get caught up in outside matters.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    As glamorous as it may seem, I'm not a bachelor per se, my wife passed away 3 years ago. Kids are grown, married with children and fortunately are all doing well enough to have their own homes 85 and 130 miles away. As much as I enjoy the peace and quiet right now, I wouldn't exchange those early manic days with the family for anything. Little did I know then that they were only the preamble to the amazing world of grand-parenting many years later. Now this is a fun period! :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good to hear you're feeling better.
    My kids go to school in Central NY and their school (all schools in the county I think) will be opened this week, then closed from 4:00 p.m. Friday until April 13th (which includes a scheduled week off for spring break). I'm not sure why they are staying open this week. I presume if someone linked to the school came down with the illness before Friday, that would change.