1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will There Even Be an NFL Season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Mar 12, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The WHO is FOS....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Kansas Chief fans have got to be breathing a sigh of relief. If this prick virus would have started sooner they may have had to wait 50 more years.

Let's say this BS started a week before the Super Bowl. Wonder if both teams would have been called co-champions??? I'm guessing the NHL and NBA will have no Playoffs this year. I'm hoping we beat this soon and maybe MLB will have a shorten season. Maybe they will realize they don't need 162 games. IMO that was way more then they needed.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes there are a lot of Pharma facilities ect that are doing trials for certain other drugs that treat other issues, having individuals that have gone through this virus giving plasma to be put in those who are inflicted. Also working on a vaccine which will take some time to develop. No stone is being unturned as it should.

The issue first at hand is that this country was way late to the party. I don't want to get political.

So we lie at the crux of a possible depression. I've been layed off. I live in NJ. #2 on the infected screen.

So they try to jumpstart the economy and release restrictions. And this virus is still sweeping now in areas where it wasn't really prevalent. There are 8 states that don't follow any rules for social distancing. 8. And they have cases and unfortunately deaths.

Do any of you really want to jump on a plane? Train? Go into a restaurant? Congregate in any place? Their better be absolute evidence that this thing has dissipated into a small amount of cases. I don't see it anytime soon. And there are a lot of dummys that are not taking it serious out there.

As far as the NFL season, who cares. I don't.

So opening the economy costing more lives is fine then? I'm not on that wagon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Google it yourself.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if true, which I have my doubts, China wasn’t being forthcoming so it’s possible WHO had made that determination based on faulty information. This was early in the whole timeline of this thing.

If people want to believe uninformed, uneducated people over experts, well, than there’s always natural selection.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    oh I did. If you actually read what was said you might understand why I asked for a source.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It’s not. I can’t recite it verbatim, but the gist of it was from information provided to us by China it doesn’t appear to be transfered human to human. It’s one of those instances where people actually have to read and understand what was said. Of course these days eading for a lot of people, is limited to two sentence memes on Facebook. People also have to remember this is new and subsequently fluid. Our knowledge and understanding of the virus can change from week to week, day to day, and even hour to hour.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We had a freak blizzard in Northern Mn on Thursday, I say freak because it went from rain to freezing rain to dumping almost 9 inches of new wet snow on us in over a 7 hour span. When I left work I had to try and scrape an inch of ice of the windshield and it took me almost a half hour. At the end of it my BP had started to yoyo and felt like I was going to pass out. So they wife made me lay in bed the rest of the night feet elevated and wouldn't let me out of bed on Friday(not in the good way either) She was still freaked out yesterday so I literally had to call our hospital and see if they were open to non covid-19 cases that is the scary part, whether you can get treatment for non pandemic related illness. My BP when i got there was 168 over 111 so i was put on another med to go with my current and told to monitor it and meet with my primary to follow up this week.

Then got calls from the whole family telling me Im an idiot and to ask for help. needless to say it was still a sobering experience, wouldn't let the wife come with, didnt give her an update the almost 3 hours I was there. Her anxiety went through the roof.

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    80CD7F5E-A5BA-425C-9B82-F94B1AAF4DE2.jpeg I guess you can argue context and semantics but @Steel Hog made a comment that the WHO seemed to have claimed there was no human to human transmission. Take what you want from what they said but here’s what they said....Don’t shoot the messenger.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Crazy ordeal! Good to see your feeling well enough to post. Stay safe.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm a Jersey boy also but at the far southern end. I hate seeing our State so high on the list. I have zero idea how this will turn out but I can't see this country going on like this for a long time. I really don't know how this virus can be stopped. I'm told even a successful cure would take time due to testing. I really believe our species will kick this in the ass but if it doesn't happen soon I do fear anarchy which could be very ugly. When I am forced to go out for food I see people who take it seriously as it should be taken and I still see some who are not taking it seriously enough.

One thing I've learned I really don't care about the NBA, NHL, & MLB. I would miss the Steelers big time and I do miss Golf, playing and watching.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That was early on, we now know how deadly this virus is

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Scary stuff, Thorn, glad you are doing better.

On a side note, can’t believe I have gotten through 2 winters now without a major storm. Have barely had to touch a shovel.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks it is a sobering experience to say the least. You know when you are in your twenties you feel like nothing can touch you. In your 30's you feel like you're too tough to let anything stop you, in your 40's with young kids it's a wake up call to tell you, you had better make changes because you want to be there when they graduate or walk the girls down the aisle. So hopefully everyone is staying as safe as they can and come September we are arguing about Bud, Mac, and how to get a brinks truck to pay the Watts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I guess to look at this in a positive light this is allowing earth to take a breather from our daily beating lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I found out a few days ago that one of my students had it, though her symptoms had passed by the time we heard about it. I'm not sure how bad they got. She's 15. The real scary part is she lives with her grandmother. A week before the schools closed, the kid stopped coming. She was terrified of contracting the virus and bringing it home.

We also found out this morning that one of my neighbors died. He was a volunteer fireman in his earl 50s. My wife went to high school with his wife. We've lived a little over a block away from them for over 15 years. My daughter has been a babysitter and pet sitter for them. We still haven't heard if it was COVID-19, but that got me thinking that this thing is killing more people than just those who contract COVID-19.

I'm in the suburbs of New York City, so we are already seeing the effects of an overwhelmed medical system. The hospitals aren't in quite as bad of shape as the ones in the city, but I still wouldn't want to go near one again unless it was absolutely necessary. My doctor is mostly making virtual appointments, but I'm not sure how effective those really are. I think I mentioned on here that I was sick and got tested for COVID-19 last month. The results were negative. I still don't really know what I had last month. I had a sore throat, but the doctor couldn't look. She also couldn't check my ears or take my blood pressure. (They did that when I got the COVID-19 test at the hospital, but you get the point.) Medical issues that normally would have been detected easily by a doctor are going to be missed. We also have limited numbers of medical professionals and supplies to treat people with other conditions.

I hope it doesn't hit everywhere else like it has NYC, which was was probably the location most vulnerable with so many people jammed into one place, but I think everybody is going to see some version of what is going on here. The worst is we still have far too many people who think they are too special to follow the damn rules. Just the other day, I saw pictures online from a nearby religious school that refuses to close. One particular religious community keeps holding services and private school classes and they now have over 60 percent of the confirmed cases in the county where I live. These arrogant, selfish idiots are risking the lives of everybody around them. Oh yeah, and members of that community shop at the Target and the Costco near my home, so it does wind me up a bit.

Sorry for the rant and the tangents, but it amazes me how many people still don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah it sucks

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey look who’s back. Glad to see you. You had a few members wondering what happened to you.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah we know now but if we left it up to China which we kinda did, it would be even worse. They intentionally tried to cover up or at least downplay the whole situation. From expelling journalists ,to doctors gone missing or dead. It’s not the first time either. The WHO seems to be comfortably in bed with China and it has devastated the world.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah took a break not dead yet lol

• Like Like x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Good to see you BBH!

Don’t even want to know what the avatar is about. I like it better than the Ben ones you’ve had though :lolol:

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Sounds similar to our response. Minus the missing doctors

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011