1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL THE TEXANS SHOW UP IN NE?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And at least have the Pats work up a sweat. Texans have a good defense, they could make the Pats
    work. But I have my doubts, they won't come to play.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    well... if they gimp Brady and we end up beating KC, i wont complain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    They got beat by Jacoby Brissett 27-0. 8-ball says "No F'ing Way!"

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I mean you know that O'Brien would love to go in there against his former team and beat them on such a grand stage. It's a tall order though even if they DO "show up". That Texans d was thumping the other night. I just don't think Houston's o can score consistently enough to keep up with the Pats o.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that their plane will arrive, and they'll get out onto the field for the opening kickoff. After that all bets are off. Even the best defense in the league can be pummeled into submission if their offense repeatedly goes 3 and out (or worse, turns it over). This game will be ugly with Osweiler and his glazed eyed "the dog ate my playbook " look leading the way for Houston.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was talking about how terrible Osweiler is the other day and my wife said "well he's not terrible to look at". Ahh female football logic. LOL!

7. Steel Odonnell

Steel Odonnell Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Brock Osweiler vs. Tom Brady on two weeks rest? It's gonna be pretty ugly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I do concur with the others.

It is not about "showing up" as some would believe. Bill Belichick, for all intensive purposes, is a master strategist and tactician who prides himself on fundemental play and execution; his expertise of eliminating tier one threats no less.

Jadeveon Clowney will not be a factor and same goes for Whitney Mercelius. All New England really has to do is execute their gameplan and force Brock into uncomfortable situations... something that does not seem all that difficult to do.

Things will get ugly for sure I am afraid. :frown:

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sanchez and the Jets beat them there in 2011 so anything is possible. I doubt it though.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    We need them to give NE a test, beat them up physically. I just don't see them doing it.
    And it;s a shame because their defense is good.

11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think it's gonna be a bow out, but Cheatriots will win. I hope the Texans can a least make it competitive and get after Brady and put him on his arse a couple time that would be great. If for some miracle the Texans pull it off they will limp into Heinz Field and Steelers will smash them. Guess will see Go Steelers!!!!

12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Unfortunately, yes, it will be the Texans that show up

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pats will kill the Texans. They will probably cover the spread.

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sir - welcome to the best Steelers MB in the galaxy. No offense - but I believe you have some spaining to do with both your user name and that avatar. Thems could both be considered .....errrrrr attention grabbers in these parts. Just saying. :shrug:

15. Steel Odonnell

Steel Odonnell Member

Jan 8, 2017
    What do you mean? I love both the Steelers and Braves. I live in Atlanta and have been a fan of both teams since I was a wee young lad in the early 90's. Can't we all just get along?

16. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011

This is what I am afraid of. Non competitive, if you were the Texans owner and this happens AGAIN wouldn't
    you tell the people working for you what you think. C'mon Bill Obrien have these players ready to play. And the Steelers will be involved in a slobberknocker in KC and go to a rested patriot team. YIKES

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    When we do go all the way and win the SB that will just make it that much more enjoyable. Injuries during the games can obviously level the playing field. Just hope the Steelers avoid the injuries. Now the Pats, not so much. The Steelers made it this far, not much further to go to win it all. If I was the Texans owner I doubt if Obrien would be the coach much longer unless things change soon.

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll be going into the Lion's den in Foxboro tomorrow night in full Steelers gear. I'll actually be pulling for the Patriots so I can go back next week to watch the Steelers and Patriots battle it out for the AFC Championship.

I predict the Pats drub the Texans by 30+ points.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if Houston just holds NE to 1 TD a qtr, theyd win 28-10. Houston offense will be lucky to get 10 points.

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Houston only got to 16 because of 3 Patriots turnovers. Completely outmatched. Brock osweiler is a disaster to watch in person. Terrible reads and wildly inaccurate.

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Their defense did show and put some licks on the great TB, but leave it to another PITT superstar
    to lead the way. LOL To bad Texans offense never showed.

22. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    As a Mets and Steelers fan, my hatred for the Braves is close to my hatred for the Ravens, but welcome anyway, Steel! ;)