1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the President's Speech Affect Us Watching the Game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am just wondering if NBC will force us to watch the President's speech or can that allow the other ONE BILLION channels to air it and let let us watch the game?

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If the President is addressing the Nation all major networks will air it. Part of the deal for giving the networks the air for free.

3. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Don't worry, he'll EO away some rights and be back in time for kick off.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn't worry about it. The game isn't until 8:35 and I don't see this thing lasting that long.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If he has a plan to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists and gangbangers and not law-abiding citizens ( :rolleyes:) I might tune in if my schedule permits - otherwise I'll be begging for a feed from our POTSFMB if there even is a feed for National broadcast games.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

NBC will be airing the Presidential Address. They say he's only supposed to speak for about 15 minutes. :shrug:

Here's somethin' funny to watch now. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not a mod but I am going to say let's tone it down with the political because it causes issues. We argue enough about football let's keep it there

• Like Like x 1
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It will likely overlap a little. We'll see. Thread locked for what should be obvious reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    POTUS hasn't given an Oval Office speech since 2010. You really think he's going to be terse and succinct when he has an unlimited bully pulpit on his favorite topic - gun control? And then what about all the NBC politico talking heads - won't they be rehashing every word and nuance afterwards? I'm afraid they'll cut back to the game just in time for halftime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.