1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Ray Ray get a fine?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    What are the chances that Ray Ray gets a fine from Goddell for spearing Ward in the earhole? :ratbirds:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was a helmet to helmt hit. It should have drawn a flag. Damn right it should get a fine.

3. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he will get a fine.

4. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I really hope so. The fact it didn't receive a flag was infuriating. Also the hit on brown should have been flagged as well.

5. SteelerD

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm not for all of the fines. I don't mind some of the rules to help protect the players but not a the expense of intense hard hitting football. Penalize the team on the field or leave it alone. Save the fines for non-play related infractions. (Fighting etc)

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We I guess Ray got the Ward "head hunter" pot the Ravens defense pooled together.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what pisses me off! They repeatedly call out a player then cheap shot him and nothing is done! He's a hall of famer who God gives all his glory though!

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think it's a cheap shot at all, in fact I thought it was a great hit. It's the type of hit we want our players to make all the time, so when it happens to one of our players, we can't complain that it's cheap. I also thought the Ryan Clark hit was a great hit. I don't want to see anyone get fined, but if Ryan Clark gets fined for his hit, Ray Lewis better damn well get fined as well.

9. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If Clark would learn to tackle with his arms instead of his head, he wouldn't have to worry about fines. I love that he hits hard...I just want him to stop using his head to do it. He's going to get seriously hurt one of these times.

10. SteelerD

Oct 20, 2011
    :this!:

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd be surprised if he was fined. :ratssuck:

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Does it really matter now? Should he be fined? Sure - but I would have rather had the 15 yards last night. A fine will be chump change for the convict. :bs:

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He will get the minimum fine since he isn't a repeat offender, Clark will get a bigger one since he is and I'm sorry but if they are going to call it on the Clark hit where the receiver is hardly in a defenseless position since he has to know a hit is coming than the should have called both the Ward hit and the Brown hit as well since both player had their backs to the defensive player who lead with their head. plain and simple. The Ravens should get a nice visit from the league about headhunting as well yet we all know they won't

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    100%, he will get a fine.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It's a cheap shot because it was all but called before the game. The one time he gets on the field the Ray Ray leads with helmet and knocks him out? Come on? That's not obvious is it? That wasn't just a hard hit that happened to make contact with the head. That was a blatant lower and drive at it! The fact no flags were thrown when it is that blatant is inexcusable. You want to protect everyone except certain players? Same crap different year. Ben gets a punch to the face and no call last year.

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Call my cynical, but Clark was going after the receiver with his shoulder. It was a fast moving play. As Collinsworthless said, I guess it's just a different game now. Darn shame is, Clark makes a great play to negate a catch and it's a first down for the Rats. If Ray doesn't hit Hines with his helmet, Hines gets up, the run the next play, drive continues. Instead, Ray leads with his helmet, Hines gets a bit groggy, but maintains possesion as he falls to the ground on his back. Not only should it have been called a catch, it should have been called a penalty. Yet, Hairball challenges, and the Steelers get the worst possible outcome.

All that being said, run the damn ball on first and third down and the Rats have less time and no timeouts, maybe a different outcome.

17. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Clark actually turned side on to position his shoulder to the WR. His helmet only contacted the WR because the WR was diving forward.

Rayray went headfirst into a standing Ward.

Apples and Oranges.

18. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I dislike like the "new NFL" as much as the next guy but there needs to be some consistency. Lewis should absolutely, 100% be fined but I honestly don't think he will be.

19. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I concur. What is Clark supposed to do there?

20. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Intent has nothing to do with the rule. Helmet-to-helmet is helmet-to-helmet... well, unless you're Ray Lewis anyway.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Clark made a great play on the ball to separate the receiver from it, and the new rules don't allow you to make any play until the WR catches and turns his head around. That is really tying DB's hands behind their back in that situation. That rule is so biased toward the offense I hate it.

22. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Completely agree! It was a great hit, just like Clark's was, but under the glorious dictator both were illegal. I want old football back :beg:

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't have a problem with the hit. I have a problem with the rule.

That said, it IS THE RULE. And they let the Ravens get away with it... twice last night. Clark's hit was not helmet to helmet. It was a legit hit, but he gets flagged for being a Steeler.

I'm tired of these subjective rules being used to influence games and teams by fines. either be completely equal about it, or this may be my last year watching the NFL.

24. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I do not agree with the fines unless it is intentional (the one that stands out to me was the Pats hit on Heap where there was a headbutt). The fines are meaningless after the fact, the lack of consistancey with the FLAGS are what gets me. I like the hits, but if Clack is flagged, Ray and McClain should be as well.

25. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    According to Raven's fan, not true.
    ====================================
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ray was in place to make the play on Hiney and just leveraged his body against Hiney running at him. The fine should be against Hines Ward for running into Ray's helmet!!

...but Ryan launched into Dickson....vastly different and illegal hit!!!