1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Le'Veon Bell.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why on earth would there be? How is this even remotely the same?

And for the record, Boz is taking plenty heat but he's here trying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think we need more Bell threads.:clapping:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Would've been nice to have bell but it didn't happen. Everybody starts somewhere and so far Conner is doing pretty damn good. Believe it or not, everybody starts somewhere so to compare the two is a moot point. This is Connors start to his career so of course he don't have the tape to compare to bell. But what he does have is availability and solid production to date this season... Bell could have had the same but chose not too this year. I also believe bells start to this season would've been rocky as well if his first few weeks
    Last year are any indication. Conners not bell, but neither was bell his first 5 games. I'll sit back and watch what the kid does... Bells all but gone anyhow so he doesn't really matter at this point. If he shows up and becomes a contributor great as its all about wins anyways but under no circumstances would I bench Conner for bell coming out of the gate. Ease bell in to spell Conner and hope things click come time IF they're in a position where post season matters are reality.

The steelers screwed up over relying on Bell and never giving him a blow or having a well greased tested back behind him ready to roll when he went down. The results have shown it and the play calling has shown it. Too much offense centered around one piece is detrimental to the creativity of the playbook and very limiting to other assets not explored in said playbook.

A lot of us have said mix the backfield up to change pace or give a horse a break. Stop forcing the damn ball to AB we all have said as well. This O has really been stymied in recent years from over reliance on certain folks and under utilization of others and it gets worse when you think of it situationally. They've always played better with touch distribution and a few dynamic plays from the all stars... Atleast from what I've witnessed. You exploit the defense weaknesses when they attack your strengths and you try to keep your guys fresh and other guys involved. Simple really but seems to be lost around here time to time.

Bungles week smash em!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No, that's not what I said, either.

And I stand by the statements that I actually made.

5. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Perhaps because he cost the team a game or two on kicks that should be layups for him.

For the record, I don't have an issue with either Bell or Boz.

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    If at least two people have misunderstood you and no one seems to have posted that they did understand you...

Perhaps you might restate what it is you're standing by? :confused1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Alternatively, those who don't understand might want to re-read it.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So, in other words, not remotely the same. Got it.