1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Le'Veon Bell.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Oct 10, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    How much mileage does AP and beastmode have?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All depends overall on what Le'Veon Bell looks like should he show up; the Free Agent Market no less.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    all joking aside, Bell is miles above Conner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    It's self inflicted......
    Bell in July 2018:
    to all my Steeler fans, my desire always has been to retire a Steeler...both sides worked extremely hard today to make that happen, but the NFL is a hard business at times...to the fans that had hope, I’m sorry we let youu down but trust me, 2018 will be my best season to date...

Bell in September 2018: I'm saving myself for my 2019 team, because the steelers will work me too hard

What's to like? A player that's NOT going to contribute his best efforts to the current season after promising the best season ever? I feel horrible for his teammates that bust their a$$ making much less money and much less guaranteed money

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pay me and you get my best. Try to play me for a fool and you get what you ask for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sign your name on the contract and you should always give your best.

I had a guy who worked for me who walked into my office and asked for a raise. His bitchy wife put him up to it. He told me if I paid him more he would work harder. I fired him. His wife had the balls to call me up and blame me. I don’t Christmas cards from them anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You're totally comparing the two.

And I'm totally backing you up on this.

It's funny how there isn't much more outcry about Boswell on this board, in contrast to Bell, considering the situations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    And they're right.

Bell is not just that much better than other running backs. He's that much better as a football player, in general. He's a game changer. Defenses worried about him as much as they did about Ben --> AB.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp and you could argue he was number 1 to stop then stop the pass.

10. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Indeed.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Not comparable. You got somebody who wants to be paid like a #1-2 WR, that plays RB. Boswell was one of the best kickers last year and got the newest deal of kickers and he's still only the 3rd highest paid. It was a good deal for the Steelers. On this board? Have you been outside? Majority of Steelers Nation hates Bell because of his antics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Uh, nobody is defending Boswell..... do you even pay attention to the Boswell threads that pop up every missed kick? Heck, I’m 48 and can kick more reliably than him this season...... but his 4 year contract is less than bell wants for one season..... why should we sympathize for bell? Boswell had only earned 1.5m in his career.... with many (prior year) clutch kicks. Bell gave up that much missing his first two games. And technically.... bos has scored more points than bell during their careers. They are not comparable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Not as much...

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Uh, technically Boswell should be thanking bell for getting them that close to be able to even attempt a fg. Also, Boswell and vellie got paid because of bell not signing. Neither one was/is worth their contract.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They didn't try to play him for a fool. The offer was legitimate. He turned it down. The Steelers did nothing wrong in that situation. Bell is the one who has lied about his intentions. He lied to his teammates. He ducked their calls. He blamed them for his absence. He made light of their struggles to start the season. He complained about possibly getting the ball too much. He did plenty wrong.

16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Steelers lied about guaranteed money. They said that he could make that amount in 2-3 but No guaranteed money. They went as far as to say that they do guaranteed money contracts. So, what's the difference in their contract offer and the franchise tag contract? Both have no guarantees

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I think the Steelers offered him a good deal!It’s all about the guaranteed money and some team will offer him more than the Steelers did.Salary caps go up every year so this is a given in my opinion.He is an elite back and we are pissed at the way things have gone and rightly so.Conner is no Bell by anyway we try to spin it but he has exceeded all my expectations so far.If I knew Conner would have been this effective this year last off-season I would have definitely traded Bell for a defensive stud or number one draft pick before the franchise deadline.

18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The contract offer was never fully leaked, but the things I’ve read said it was something like $10mm signing bonus, $10mm guaranteed, then another ~$25mm in “rolling guaranteed” money for 2019 & 2020 (ie, if you’re on the 53-man roster at cut-downs, your year’s salary is fully guaranteed). Where’s the lie?

And I’m not sure what you mean in your last sentence. A franchise tag contract is fully guaranteed upon signature.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Bell is useless!!! He won't take big hits to help the team out. Lining his pockets with Steeler fan dollars means way more then some silly Super Bowl hardware.

21. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    That's not what I said.

I stand by my statements.

22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    You’re saying there should be more outcry about Boswell than Bell around here?

Boz was again solid gold last season. He negotiated a contract befitting a very good (All-Pro) kicker. Signed, showed up on time, and has worked to be his best. He’s having trouble, sure, in some measure due to a new holder (with Landry Jones gone). But he didn’t demand to be paid as a #1 kicker and #2 [some other position], he didn’t sit out, he doesn’t shirk FG attempts or return tackles to avoid injury, and he’s actively trying to regain his form and help the team this season.

That’s why Boz gets a partial pass. And Bell doesn’t.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol seriously?

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Particularly when he’s smoking ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    So, Bell is head and shoulders above Conner? Well really Conner was thrusted into this spot because of the rap giant. And really, he has done quite fine as far as i'm concerned. But hey, lets bring the rap giant back to save the Steelers :lolol: No thanks. He is so much better then Conner? Well you all best get used to James Conner being the starting running back of the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is the future. Not the rap giant. I hope, please, I hope that a trade is in the works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1