1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will DeCastro play LG or Rg for the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mrn6, Apr 26, 2012.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He played right guard college. Will he play right guard for us? If so who plays left guard?

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They have said he plugs into the right side for the next 10 years.....guess we will see....I say grab another guard in round two for the left side....Foster and Legs back of the line.

HACK

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he plays LG....

Starks gets healthy we sign him back and then we kick Colon in to RG for now,or we might draft another Guard....

4. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    He plays where he has played at RG. You wouldn't make your punter play left tackle so why move this guy? Colon Pouncey DeCastro and with Gilbert and anybody worth a jersey as a starting line is not too bad. Still a ton of O line out there but I don't see a 2nd rounder with that pick. Although a 3rd rounder for sure or if one slips late 2ndround a trade up to get a 2nd pick in the late 2nd round?

5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He played lg at Stanford and will play that for us I am sure. The way he pulls he will be great

6. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think left. I actually like Foster at RG if we don't draft another guard.

7. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was Hoping for left guard also(no more scott)... I think I remember Gilbert playing lg for a game or two also

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say LG. I would draft another guard but not in round two unless Cordy Glenn falls to us or we can move up a few picks to get him.

Gilbert, DeCastro,Pouncey, Glenn, Colon.........Sweet!

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I hope they switch him to LG...he mainly played RG in college...but I want him at LG thats where they NEED him most.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    What was having him at LG have anything to do with J. Scott?

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That without a doubt would be the best run blocking OL in the NFL....

People are sleeping on Glenn ,he is a beast at the point of contact and has great feet for a man that size,,,with those 2 guys Pouncey it would be trap city inside....

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Tough call. Our pulling Guard traditionally is our LG. Wouldn't be surprised if we switch sides.

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thats what I was thinking too...when it comes to just the pulling alone.

14. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    we switched coordinators so who knows?

15. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    LG. With DeCastro locking down the left side, that will free up Pouncey to focus on helping Foster, whereas before he had to help both Foster and Kemo. I think Foster is just want we want in a RG - solid, under the radar player who won't cost an arm and a leg to keep around.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My guess is that they plug him in at his familiar RG spot next year while he gets familiar with the speed of the NFL game, then move him to LG starting in 2013 for the next decade.

17. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Looking at the players on the board yet...we can fill another G or OT spot in the 2nd round.

18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    from the post draft press con

Is he a right or left guard?

MT: He is a right guard. That’s what he has played at Stanford. We are going to work to put our best people on the field and he will be a candidate within that group, obviously. It was just a fun evaluation. He played right guard in Stanford’s offense and everything we would ask him to do you saw him do at Stanford, whether it was pulling or the pass-pro in the play-action game. Like Kevin said earlier, a large portion of their run-game went behind him. He made it a fun study. He is just a solid player and prospect in all areas

HACK

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The more I think about it I'm thinking maybe they do what they were thinking to do with Pouncey...start at RG and go from there. I hope...

20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This kid can play left right or Center.

Great Pick!

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm just so happy to have him I don't care where they put him. Now I hope we go and get another linemen. I noticed during the draft thread there were some who didn't seem to want Cordy Glenn at all. Now that we KNOW we have DeCastro do you guys think everyone will be alright with taking Glenn second or is there an even better lineman than him?

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Two things - first - I agree! The Steelers are FINALLY addressing their needs at the O-line. The last couple years, it's as if they were content to have Pouncey and whoever else they could get to play the rest of the line.

Second - D0bre - I have to tell you, there are days that I log on to this site JUST to take a look at your avatar! :shocked:

23. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Glenn aint gonna last 10 picks in the 2nd.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    silatolu at LG round 2. i would pee myself. ben would pee himself. MT would pee himself. let's just say a whole lot of people would be peeing themselves. :roll: :cool:

25. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed. I like him a lot better than Glenn. Glenn is a lot like the OL we've traditionally taken, in that he's very strong at the point of attack and he's a mountain of a man, but his technique and feet are terrible. People talking about his versatility are mistaken, he would get destroyed as an OT.

Silatolu might be the best puller in the draft. I'd want DeCastro on the left UNLESS we took Amini. I have a feeling both will be gone by our pick though and I don't think we trade up for a second OG.

I think Mike Adams is still an option at our spot though.