1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I was suppose to get to Pittsburgh last year and never took the opportunity because when Ben went down I thought no way I am going to spend thousands to see the Steelers lose .. Now I guess considering what has happened it might have been a good time to get my fix. Don't think I would feel safe enough now to come... the civil unrest coupled with covid19 might have to take another year off. :(

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep. Sweden has 450 deaths per million people. It's closest neighbors: Norway 44 deaths per mission; Finland 58, Denmark 100.

It's funny, we've had over 100,000 COVID 19 deaths in this country in the past few months with stay at home orders, business/transit closures, millions working at home, social distancing, masks, etc. In a bad flu season, we have around 60,000 deaths with no local downs, no business/transit closures, no distancing, no masks, and nobody changing their daily routines. Yet I keep hearing that it’s nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Here's what I will do given the opportunity. Take my son to the HOF game against the cryboys and watch Troy Polamalu be enshrined in the NFL HOF. I'll go to any home games or away games that I can afford.

Here's what I will not do. Line up like I'm in a Pink Floyd movie. Stay six feet apart. Wear a mask and have my temperature taken in order to enter any gates.

I'm done buying into the dishonesty of how this virus is going to kill a third of the population if we do not do exactly what we are instructed to. I have touched my face, I have sneezed, I have shook hands and also hugged people. I even reluctantly wore a mask to get a much needed haircut. I have traveled where I have been around tens of thousands of people over the past month. I have taken guests on those travels and nobody within this large group of people have had any symptoms what so ever. I have gone to the grocery store and restaurants where the staff is force to wear their masks and a portion of the general public looks at me with fear. If you fear me then you should stay home. I get it, people have died but just like every other flu season people die. It's no better nor worse than those previous viruses. JMHO it's very politically motivated and sad that so many people and businesses have shuttered and people unemployed. Not even sure how the USA recovers from this and now the riots but I do know that I'm not going to change my ways for a so called "new normal". Hopefully we get back to the old normal of opening up theaters, restaurants, sports arenas, small businesses, hair salons, manufacturing plants and every other business because without these we are already a dead nation.

Go Steelers!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    It's all how they count them. Inflate the numbers to meet the agendas.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    How it is it politically motivated when the whole world is affected?

7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Media driven Psychological manipulation. Very easy when plastered all over tv's 24/7. H1N1 affected the world. SARS and every other influenza but Coronavirus is shutting everything down.

If Covid is so bad then tens of millions will be dead here in the US in a month from all the protests and riots where nobody is socially distancing while throwing their antifa strategically placed bricks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And they say SDOT is the one with a tinfoil hat. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    That's funny coming from a sheep.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Baaaaaaaa!!!

Do the Illuminati and Lizard people know that you figured everything out?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He is......

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's the Crab People!!
    I don't know about political but, it's definitely social media driven! Lots of bad/false info out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bull **** 2million confirmed cases over 100,000 people dead. Pa is opened up excluding Philly and surrounding counties
    I am going to listen to Dr, Fauci each and everyday and twice on Tuesday. I hope the Clorox man is out in November.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was at Lake of the Ozarks for four days last week. I honestly didn’t see one worker wearing a Mask at any of the places I went. I I don’t recall seeing more than a few people wearing them overall.
    Yes I went to Backwater Jacks two different days. Now I didn’t get in the pool since I doubt a bunch of 20 year olds want to hang out with a guy in his 40’s. But the pool was packed. We hung out at the bar area where there were more people our age.
    Went to several other bars too.

either this **** is overblown or people are just getting lucky.

I’m going back in a couple weeks as we have a boat and a camper we keep set up at a private campground right on the lake. Can’t wait.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Every day in the US 20,000 people are tested positive and 1,000 people die.

Has anyone heard of what kind of numbers they are wanting to be at before opening up large stadiums to the public with no restrictions?

I do not know what the response the NFLPA would have if the NFL follows MLB and asks players to take pay cuts for loss of revenue for playing in empty or reduced fans stadiums.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think my might Pirates are going to have a payroll of about 17 million. Bob Nutbag must be loving that.

17. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    when you allow hundreds of thousands to protest but you dont allow a local mom and pop store to open with 4 people inside, it's 100000% politically motivated.

Do I think Covid is real. Yes.
    Do I think it's 100% over blown. Yes
    Will I be more careful on somethings, yes.
    Do I think we should of crashed the economy . F NO!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends where you live. Definitely wasn’t overblown in NY, large reason for that was probably because of all the flights that come in here from overseas. Not to mention how densely populated it is. Looks like Arizona is becoming a hot spot so be careful dude.

Also, they learn more and more about this virus and it’s not just a respiratory disease but a vascular one, which explains why people are stroking out and dropping dead in your age range.

https://elemental.medium.com/corona...isease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s fair. It’s definitely not near as bad in Missouri. That’s fair. It’s definitely not near as bad in Missouri.

20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

If this virus is anywhere near as bad as the media made it out to be then next month the number of coronavirus deaths should quadruple at minimum considering all the non social distancing mostly unmasked protest/rioters.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sure hope nobody has to go through a war. Have somebody trying to blow your ass off from 50 yards away and a virus that you'll most likely survive won't seem so scary. I heard most deaths for the under 30 crowd comes from accidents. Ban cars now!!!! I hate driving anyhow.

So pissed they are ruining what IMO is an exciting time to follow the AFC North. So looking forward to see how the 4 QB's of the North pan out. Old man Ben better own their asses!!!!!!!! Only because my daughter-in-law is a graduate of LSU and in love with Joe Burrow I was looking forward to his rookie season. Not sure if the Bengals will start him right away or not but I'm hoping they do.

PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Infection rates are going up again in Florida, definitely some places here one should avoid like Miami.

23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Aren't you from S. Jersey? You would have seen the carnage first hand in the Philly /Jersey area and you think this is a myth?
    I am going with Dr. Fauci's recommendations, I am still working and in one of the age group that doesn't do particularly well. I will proceed with caution and hope to stay healthy until a vaccine treatment is available. Please people wear your masks in public.

24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your Governor's fudging the numbers down in FLa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not wearing a mask unless it’s made an official rule.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.