1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There is a Jon Stewart movie out, Irresistible and he is being interviewed about it and the interviewer says one of the things he was struck about the movie was that politics is kind of like WWE, he didn’t realize that these guys on both sides will cut each other up on air but then go hangout afterwards. I found that interesting.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know how you plan to play a season like this. I keep hearing of NBA teams opening up practice and then getting shutdown a few weeks later because of players and staff testing positive. And then in a couple weeks they will be able to reopen again until the next round of positive tests on the team.

How would you schedule 32 teams to play a season if you had 4-8 teams unavailable to play every week and you had no idea which teams it would be?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Um, income taxes are specifically covered by the 16th amendment. How are they unconstitutional?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    hate when minor details get in the way of a good argument

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Dr Fauci (The head puppet master) stated that there will be a second wave of the coronavirus. Meanwhile the death rates have been dropping over the past 10 weeks and millions of people already were infected with some form or another of this virus whether they knew it or not. It seems rather mild to me and affects a certain age group of people with preexisting conditions with a few exceptions here and there.

All organized professional sports will be forced to test for this disease and then will be discovering positive results in multiple numbers. Until they get a grip on what is a near terminal result of a test, from who may not even show effects going into getting tested, there is no way any contact sport will go forward. They will have to cancel them all to avoid future lawsuits unless the doctors and politicians agree to calm the masses and define it as a much lesser risk then what was initially set forth. I really don't see that happening in this election year.

Probably should just get used to watching nascar, tennis or golf with no one in the stands for a while if you are really in dire need of any sports entertainment. Meanwhile continue to try and live your life in this so called new normal.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree I just can't see any of the 4 major sports being played. And just think if no cure is found and this little bugger hangs around for as long as aides. YIKES!!! Thankfully I enjoy watching Golf.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I saw an article talking about college football being delayed until spring.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Your right. Just seems like paying the mafia for protection so they can continue the war machine.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am not writing off major sports just yet. There's a lot of money at stake, especially for TV. I bet TV ratings would hit new highs. I am sure that this virus will be beaten, and it won't take that long. There are already treatments that significantly reduce the death rate in hospitals. If any treatments emerge that can do that outside of a hospital, we'll be in much better shape to get close to normal even before there is a working vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The county I work in has made masks mandatory. I’ve been wearing one anytime I’m around others at work. I’ve also been wearing one when I go to the store in town where I live even though it’s not required. Overall I’m probably wearing a mask about 60% of the time I’m around others.

11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    TY Glemm. We can’t have anything happening to you!

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    MLB could be an interesting one. Close the dugouts and have the players sit along the sidelines; this sport is almost already setup for social distancing for the most part.

I do not know how accurate that 15 minute tester is, but with a couple of cases of those testers they could easily have every player and coach tested right before every game. But what would you do if there was handful of positive cases? Would they have to shutdown the entire team for a couple of weeks?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I said this months back, this is the only one I see having a chance. And one I could live without.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Love your post!!! And how the hell did I forget about the almighty TV ratings. They would be through the roof. Heck, I got some of my friends watching Golf, of course they call me up and say it's like watching paint dry.
    I totally understand your sentiment. I have so many friends asking how the hell I like watching it. Unless you love playing Golf there is no way you would ever enjoy watching it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It is like watching paint dry. Not good enough to love golf yet (frustrating) but I do like playing.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I put golf on TV Sunday just for something. It took my wife about 30 seconds to switch it to a Matlock rerun. I didn’t argue. I did drink a beer. That was the only part I liked anyway when I did play golf.

I considered watching a SBIX video until it crossed my mind I haven’t owned a vhs player in 20 years.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Do it in style: https://www.etsy.com/listing/819043...f80c1ae22116463b6f352639d3503:819043405&bes=1

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not unconstitutionally mandated where your at?

20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Nope. Haven't worn a mask yet were I live. Been to the hospital (the first week of shutting everything down), Lowes, Krogers, Restaurants, Landscaping companies, Dollar stores, campsites and even had parties and been to several as well. Maybe 30% of the people wear them around here. We should all be dead by now I guess?? Don't know anybody who has even had symptoms. I must be living in Utopia.:shrug:

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Enjoy it while it lasts.
    (I hope it lasts forever where you are, and anywhere else that hasn't been effected yet.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I live in a tristate area where they just announced today as of 6 pm tonight it will be mandated to wear masks in the closest county across the state line. Already seen a bunch of comments that people are going to be invading our state to do most of their business here. It will be good for businesses but it may just be a matter of time til the government goes overboard here as well.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Be thankful you don't need an ICU bed in Florida. Filling up fast.

Edit: on a lighter note, some religious zealots are selling a covid cure elixir made with bleach here in FL. People are buying it & dying. :goofy:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wonder who the idiot was who thought this up? Oh, never mind, now I remember.....

This may be a good thing in a Darwinian way. Help to cull out some of the.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    What state do you live in? You seem to be saying this virus is a hoax like those of your ilk keep down playing this pandemic, like your puppet master keeps lying about it>>>>

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.