1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In the same vein but not conspiracy related I saw a story about the hospitals in Texas using a treatment to avoid ventilators since they force already damaged lungs to work harder. Basically it takes bad blood out of the body, fully oxygenates it and then immediately back into the body so that it doesn't stress the lungs.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Makes sense, but how many people can get that kind of treatment at a time?

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Debunked because someone said so on the internet? Ok, well who knows what the hell to believe. I guess we shouldnt believe anything we hear or read and only 1/2 of what we see.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah that was the gist of the report since they have to thread a tube from lower body to the heart i think they said. It takes time and resources which both are taxed to the limit now

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We don’t ask :butcher:

You’re good, Dobbs, about the only time I’ve ever seen you get mad at another poster was when they joked that the plant behind you in your avatar pic was weed or maybe it was a bong, don’t remember :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hahahahaha yeah seriously that was a fake plant... Flipping bong? Hahahahahaha good times. Appreciate your kind words.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Just tell them nobody puts baby in a corner! Hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  8. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Exactly! Look at the HCQ treatment for instance. Many doctors claimed it worked but the talking heads said nope and it was dangerous then Trump brings it up and the talking heads get further whipped into a frenzy over the fact it does not!!! Then fast forward to this week where NOW they're saying its a genuine treatment. The preferred bank rolled media/docs/scientists/politicians are nuttier than squirrel **** week to week.

• Like Like x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's what Marvin Gaye cautioned......

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I read about that HCQ study. There are some questions about validity, particularly that the patients who received HCQ were also treated with steroids to the tune of more than double that of the non HCQ patients, and steroids have had significant success (see Dexemethasone study in England).

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m rethinking this.

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hydroxycholoroquine is known to cause heart arrhythmias. Heart arrhythmias can kill people. At this stage of the game it isn't known to be an effective treatment for COVID19.

There are quack pot doctors out there in the world. Making claims about the validity of medications before there is any real proof that they work is dangerous. Patients will ask for treatment that they might not need and as a result put their lives at risk.

<snip - mod edit> Our president and doctors shouldn't be touting drugs without any proof that they work. People will go to their doctors and ask for the medication. Doctors will cave to their patients requests. As a result, people will put their lives at risk.

People should take caution with "miracle" treatments related to COVID19. COVID19 is unlike any microbe that we've ever seen or had to treat. We need more time. Need more time for trials and errors to determine what treatments are effective or ineffective. The treatments that might work for one person might not be effective for another person. It all goes back to the different effects that COVID19 can have on the organ systems of the body.

The best way to deal with COVID19 is not to spread the disease. For some reason many Americans don't seem to get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Giving it some thought and I think we could have some fans in the stands. Now I'm not saying a packed house but stadiums could be safely filled to 1/3 with no drinking (haha) or eating. It's strange watching the PGA with no fans but it would be flat out ridiculous watching an NFL game minus the fans going crazy. Now how they would pick the 1/3 is a whole nother story:)

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    As opposed to the hundred commercials a day on TV advising you to, "Ask your doctor if ******** is right for you..."

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just ask the Chargers. They've got it down!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    How about this: Step 1: divide all season ticket blocks into 25% groups with sufficient distance between individual blocks. For example, if you have a block of 4 season tickets, the blocks next to you on either side and directly in front of you or behind you will be in different 25% groups, so that your group is not too close to others. I haven’t done the math, but the use of aisles and section separation may allow for that to work.

Step 2: have a random lottery for the 25% groups for home games 1-4, and then another lottery for home games 5-8. Commit to games 1-4 being done by this rule, and have a check in point on status of the disease sometime in late September/early October on whether to ease or increase restrictions, or keep the results of that lottery draw. At that point a decision can be made to exercise one of many options: remove restrictions altogether, redo the lottery based on 50% so that season ticket holders get 2 games in the second half of the year, keep the 25%, do fewer than 25% and have a lottery for who gets to go and stay, or if things are really bad eliminate in person attendance.

There would need to be appropriate mask/distancing policies, sanitizer stations, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Watched a Baltimore oriole game on TV last year and they had social distancing down to a science. Kind of easy when you only have about 500 fans in the ballpark. Damn thing was they almost had a no-hitter using 5 pitchers but lost it in the ninth.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you have a good logical idea here. Half the season ticket holders won’t understand it. Half of half will show up at the wrong game. Half of half won’t show up at the right game.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wonder how they will handle Season ticket people who legitimately don’t want to or shouldn’t attend the game?

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    From what I have observed it’s because many Americans are not very intelligent and/or well educated.

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think it has more to do with selfish individuals who apparently don't care for the welfare of others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Bouben17

Bouben17 Member

Feb 14, 2017
    The GamePass is all i need ;)
    I dont feel that i could travel this year to the US, so i will stand up in the middle of the night to watch the games :D

But i can feel with you guys.. its hard with the virus spreading around.
    Here in Switzerland it feels just like normal again, we all go to work again, you dont see many people with masks in public.
    But our cases are not going down, its already the second wave coming.. but people dont care here much (many are too stupid)

Wish you all well being and stay healthy
    Greeds from Switzerland
    Robin

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Beautiful country you have there! I was there as a young randy man and those Swiss ladies were as sweet as your chocolate;) Please do me a favor and don't stand up the whole game feel free to sit and enjoy:)

24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Happy day for me with all this BS gong on will be when the Steeler GDT, Steeler predict the Score thread and the season prediction thread knock this damn thread off the first page.:clap::clap::clap:

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think jeh1856 is closer to the truth. Not knowing (ignorance) leading to no thought on consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.