1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildcard standings...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 24, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think we would rather be number 6. I'd rather play houston than KC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Yes Glemm look at yesterday’s post bud. I said after Zona was blown out by a ****ty Rams team the Steelers would probably be slight favorites (-2.5)

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This x 100. Steelers match up much better with the Texans than they do with the Chiefs. 6th seed > 5th seed.

Texans and Bills are the only teams I can see the Steelers beating in the playoffs. New England... never gonna happen. KC... would take A game from everyone with Mahomes having a bad day. Ravens.... I don't see Steelers beating Ravens at Baltimore in playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I keep looking at this Titans Raiders game Sunday and the more I look at the remaining schedules I think I want the Titans to win and put the Raiders pretty much out at 6-7 even if it makes the Titans 8-5. The Titans last 3 games are two games home and away with Houston and a home game with the Saints. I see the Titans going 1-2 in that stretch and finishing 9-7 and looking at the playoff machine on ESPN the Titans don’t win any tiebreakers with the Steelers if they both finish 9-7 especially if the Steelers beat the Bills. So it’s looking pretty good the next two weeks if the Steelers win these games at Arizona and at home against the Bills that they will make the playoffs. All the tiebreakers seem to be in their favor when it comes to the teams chasing them the Titans, Colts and Raiders.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I figured KC to be 3 seed.

6. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011

Yes, but look at their schedule

7. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Patriots

Other than the Steelers, who are they not losing to?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I say they go 2-1 during that stretch... beating Steelers and Patriots. Bills get Pats at home in Buffalo. Advantage Bills this time.

9. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    That’s a bold prediction, let’s see how it ages. I predict a Steelers victory

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    One game at a time. However, the Steelers could shock all of us and win the next three, then losing at Baltimore (no way in hell Pittsburgh wins that one). This would be a very successful season, considering...

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Steelers fans would shake their heads from February until September 2020 if this happened. The Steelers somehow get it done and have to go to NE for a playoff game. After all these years of them owning us, Duck and the defense get it done and we finally beat them in the playoffs.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    If this happened, I would gleefully poop my pants. It's only a dream, though. Brady will turn on the mojo/moxie like he always does during the playoffs. I still think Patriots will end up in the AFC Championship at worst.

13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Peter Schraeger on Good Morning Football was going over the AFC playoff possibilities today. If the Steelers win 2 more games the only way that they won't make the playoffs is if the Titans win 3 of their last 4 games. Or the Colts or Raiders win all 4 of their final games. Here are those 3 teams remaining schedules.
    Titans schedule
    At Raiders
    Texans
    Saints
    At Texans

Colts schedule
    At Bucs
    At Saints
    Panthers
    At Jags

Raiders schedule
    Titans
    Jags
    At Chargers
    At Broncos

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm wondering if we can be sure it is true that the Steelers would keep the tiebreaker over the Titans if both teams go 2-2 the rest of the way. I was under the impression it would depend on which teams they beat. They don't play head-to-head, so they have to move on to the other tiebreakers.

Unless I am missing something, if the Steelers lose to the Cardinals, then win two of the three games that follow, they finish 9-7 overall and 8-4 in the AFC. If the Titans win two more, they would also end up 9-7. If one of their two losses would come against the Saints, they would also be 8-4 against the AFC. That would leave the teams even in the second tiebreaker, which is conference record.

The next tiebreaker would be best won-loss percentage in common games, but they must have at least four common opponents. The Steelers and Titans do have four common opponents: Browns, Colts, Bills and Chargers. So far, the Steelers are 3-1 in those games with a game against the Bills to come. The Titans are 3-2 against those teams. If the Steelers were 9-7 with losses against the Cardinals and Bills, they would be even on that tiebreaker as well.

Next in line is Strength of Victory. I believe that is the strength of schedule counting only teams they have beaten. That could change a lot over the next four weeks.

That is a long-winded way of writing that I think the Steelers will need to win at least three of their remaining games to make the playoffs.

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    According to the NFL network the Steelers hold the tie breaker over the Titans, Colts, Raiders or even the Browns if the Browns win out. The Browns hold the tie breaker over no other team. They have to finish 9-7 and the 4 teams ahead of them have to finish 8-8 or worse.
    Right now the Steelers have a 53% chance of making the playoffs, the Titans 28%, the Raiders 21% and the Colts 6%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I know the Steelers hold the tiebreaker now. I'm just not sure if they will still have it depending on which games they win or lose.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Hate to say it, but if the Steelers are gonna lay an egg... might as well do it vs. Cardinals and beat Bills and Jets. Hopefully they won't play down to the Cardinals. Even with Duck and the current WRs and RBs.... Steelers should win this game, on paper.

Ravens game... depends who is at QB for Ravens. If it's RGIII, Steelers have a chance to win. If Ravens are still fighting for #1 seed against Patriots in week 17.... Jackson will start... Ravens will beat down the Steelers like rented mules in Baltimore.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I went to the espn playoff machine and projected the Steelers losing to the Bills and Ravens and winning against the Cards and Jets. I had the Titans winning against the Raiders, splitting their 2 games with the Texans and losing to the Saints. The result was both teams would be 9-7 but the Titans would get the WC because of strength of victory. Their victory over the Chiefs this year really helped them. However if the Steelers 2 wins are against the Bills and Jets then they would get the WC because of the better conference record if both teams are 9-7. If we win two more games period then that would mean the Raiders and Colts would have to win their final 4 games to get in.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    When in doubt, there's only one person to turn to.................[​IMG] :cool:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That Bills vs Patriots game is in Foxborough on 12/21

21. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    If Tennessee sweeps Houston, the Texans, fresh off of their Super Bowl victory last week, could’ve out of the playoffs.

getting blown out by the Broncos, lol

22. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    obviously the Bills game is huge.

The Raiders losing is huge though, even though it seems we should be rooting for them. The rest of their schedule is very weak and had they won this week they could have been looking at a 10-6/ Now, they mail it in.

We need Houston to win next week over TN and then have the Saints finish off TN the following week.

23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Hopefully Tenn finishes 1-2 having to play Houston twice and New Orleans.

That means if we match that, we should get in.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    The Patriots loss today really helps the Steelers. That means that there is a very good chance the Ravens will have the #1 seed clinched before we play them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    yes, easily winnable games v Jets and Browns, plus Pats over the Bills is no lock the way their offense has been the last couple weeks.