1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Wild West

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some of these guys come across a little whiney and some I’m like, I hope that’s not a Steelers guy.

I think the hardest part will be with who opted out last season. I honestly don’t know if the Steelers will even take any players who did not play last season but you may might also strike gold with some late rd picks that wouldn’t normally be there.

Good read:

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Colbert already mentioned this for the 2021 Conference leading up to the draft. If it comes down to a player who opted out versus a player who did not, both rated highly the same, the Steelers would end up picking the player who did not opt out. Now, he did state this for the 1st Round specifically but not others. It is difficult to guess where those non opt outs the Steelers select will be selected.

Agree with the overall premise of the article though. I cannot wait personally. Going to be good TV!! :herewego:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Personally, I wouldn't take anything Colbert or Tomlin said today seriously. All front offices are blowing smoke right now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm personally scared of the players that opted out.
    Reason: How many times have we seen a player that we thought was great, come back his next year and not look very good.
    We've seen that a lot, where players will look like 1st round picks, then next year , not even 3rd round picks.
    So some of these opted out players we didn't get 2 see their fall , or maybe rise.
    Just seems 2 risky in the 1st three rounds. IMO

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I have little problem with people who skipped the season due to covid, anymore than the ones who skip their meaningless bowl games to avoid injury.
    If Jamaar Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater, or Trey Lance are there at 24, you can bet your lunch the Steelers will be happy to take them. Jacob Farley will take serious consideration, as he probably would have been the #1 cb if he hadn't been injured.
    And later on, you have players like Tryon, Gainwell, Little, and Adebo,who are all board favorites.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree 100%

I would be very nervous taking any of them, especially the lesser talented ones in later rounds. A year is a long time to be away from football and now you have to make a jump to where the talent is much better all around and a more difficult game.

I believe Colbert when he says if they had similar grades, he’s taking the one who played.

• Agree Agree x 1