1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild card

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks like if we don't get any help we will have to repeat 2005
    We did it once, keep the faith guys.

2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The 05 team had a lot more fire, were openly playing for Jerome, and had a lot more balls bounce their way. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm skeptical. We've already had more than one opportunity to control our destiny and blew it. I don't think we're even going to win out for the remainder of the season. Still rootin for my boys, but it's not looking good...

3. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I do think Ben is playing his best ever right now that I can remember. Although I admit, I really lack a lot of confidence in our defense especially when the game is on the line and we need a sack or play, it just seems we don't make them much anymore on "D", I hope it gets better with a healthy Woodley and Harrison. (Harrison is healthy now, right?) Our special teams has covered very well. I have expressed my great concerns in other posts about Suisham, but at least he hasn't missed the most kicks anymore in the league.

4. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    This is really a week to weak league.... Ravens looked good on defense (although the success on 3rd and long in the second half for the Ravens reminded me of something.... what was it????) but I saw them look very NOT good against Seattle, so with 5 weeks to go, a lot can happen. Any road game could be a loss for them, but they do seem to have a fire under them many weeks (most notably when they play us). Cleveland, Cincy, and San Diego on the road, especially if San Diego and Cincy are playing for something at the time will be difficult road wins, so I'm not ready to concede the wild card yet. We can keep 'drafting' for a couple more weeks.....

Of course, we have to take care of our business as well, but suddenly San Francisco doesn't look that formidable (if they ever did) and maybe it will make us play with a greater sense of urgency knowing that we can't afford even one slip up. Time will tell....

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    San Francisco MAILED it in against Baltimore - so I don't think it's going to be any less difficult. I, too, expect it will be a wild card - but I do agree that the Ratbirds seem to be a bit schizophrenic this year, so who know?

6. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If the Steelers get the Wild Card it will be a self-inflicted wound.

I'm sure most would agree this team has yet to put together 60 minutes of football. They have yet to demonstrate they are championship caliber by putting away a good team.

The Rats game here was very telling. David Johnson catches a simple swing pass and we are the number one seed. One first down was needed to close out the game.
    We didn't get it and yet we still had the game in hand.

The fact that this defense let them drive 92 yards for the win suggests to me that this Steeler team does not have the will of its predecessors.

Not trying to be negative, just looking at what they have put on tape as Tomlin says.

7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Assuming we win out, we still probably won't know anything until the last week when the Rats play the Bungles in Cincinnati. Looking at the schedules, I think that is our only hopeof winning the division.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if we win out (difficult) we should win the division , is not easy win 5 in a row for the rats they are plaiyng at s.diego and cincy

9. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    San Diego is another team that doesn't protect its quarteback, that's all the Rats need to get a win

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely the toughest game remaining on our schedule. Will be interesting to see how the 49ers respond now that they got punched in the mouth. Ravens are a hot and cold team, sometimes they look dreadful and other times they look totally dominant, the dominant team showed up yesterday so I'm not ready to call the 49ers paper champions yet.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Amen! I was thinking the same thing. They don't deserve the number one seed or even the AFC North title having lost to the Ratbirds twice. They deserve to have to do it the hard way.

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The Raens will lose again we probably won't....We will be fine

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Division wins are obviously nice but at the end of the day, just get in.

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    But we do have to call the Rats the frontrunners at least for now. BUT!! :herewego!:

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Gawd that makes me sick, but at least we'll get in and beat the tar out of them when it counts. :herewego:

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If bungholes don't beat the Rats, then I hope the J E T S S U C K get in as 6th seed I don't see bungles winning a playoff game. Jets might, as 1 seed Rats will get Jets in division round while Pitt goes to NE. Same final four as last year, under that scenario,hopefully same final two.

17. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Under that scenario it would be 5 seed hosting 6 seed. Has the 5 ever hosted the championship game?

18. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    More help for the Steelers. Texans QB, Leinart, goes out with an injured collarbone.

19. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If the Steelers play great football from here on out they will make it as a wildcard. The best team on their remaining schedule is the Bungles. However, the Steelers need to STEP IT UP each week from here on...

20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't want to see Raiders or Titans as a Wildcard, 2 QBs that could pull out a Win.

21. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are the steelers hungry enough?