1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wide Receiver Prospects 2020

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

True.

However, keep in mind that, even accounting for Round 2 picks, Pittsburgh has not taken a small school Wide Receiver since Will Blackwell from San Diego State back in 1997. In addition, given what Pittsburgh has done the past three drafts, H&S and having NFL Bloodlines is key; especially the previous two. It was not just Terrell Edmunds and Devin Bush Jr. who had those bloodlines. Marcus Allen and Benny Snell Jr. were also picks based off of the same ideology.

Micheal Pittman Jr and Jalen Raegor to me seem like the presumed favorites as they have the prerequisites to be selected. Keep in mind though I am only focusing on what we know so far. Anything is possible and I personally leave nothing to chance.

That said, I just believe that, given the current information we do know, Pittman Jr. and Raegor fit the bill. :)

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Remember WR is one of the few positions our talent evaluators do well at.
    Lets go late with a Wr selection.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

In the 4th rd this guy could be a option.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I like Pittman a lot. I have a strange feeling they are going the way of our ebron thinking. Ben and Colbert are excited. The kid from Missouri may fit they're bill. Making an out for McDonald eventually. WR is very deep in this draft. Going the TE route may be a good move early because waiting really diminishes the talent level but not wr to the same degree. Oline the same way. Pretty deep position. :cool:

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You mean Albert O?! He was listed on the teams meet up list so it is possible. That said, leaving a large contingent of the offense in sole possession of the Tight Ends would definitely be uncharted territory for both Ben and Randy; nevermind the teams history as a whole. To that end however, I really do believe that, at this point if available, Jalen Raegor has all the makings to be the pick. Keep in mind that this offense lacks an explosive playmaker. Raegor can be that given his capabilities. Granted, he does have a limited Route Tree and has the occasional drops but I believe that, in his case, those drops can be reduced.

That said, keep in mind I did say if he were available. If he is not and J.K. Dobbins is...... well... you have been standing side by side with him since the beginning of the 2019-2020 NCAA FBS I Season. That said, considering now that many have seen what you have been selling, I would not mind a Running Back myself. In addition, I am with @SteelCity_NB regarding an Offensive Interior Lineman. Draft one later. That explosive playmaking weapon comes first.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    trust me I want Dobbins. Not sure where Albert o will go but it wouldn't surprise me. So much depends on bud being signed or not. :cool:

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think with the Ebron signing, Albert OK is persona non grata...they may take a TE in the 6th or 7th but he'll be a blocker first.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I don’t see a TE at all. They have Gentry ,Rader and CSW. I would take a flier on any other position besides TE late.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    two ways of thinking about that. If McDonald goes down gentry is it, if ebron goes down we can't replicate what we do with him. Albert O could be that Gardner guy, keeping gentry on the ps for another year until they can unload McDonald next year. Ben is pretty excited about what we can do with an ebron type player, Albert O is more in that mold.:cool:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...otential-steals-of-the-2020-nfl-draft#slide10

and I was the only one who voted for Pittman in our mock?? :lolol::lolol: John Clayton just mocked him to us at 49 as well....One knock on him is he only played on one side of the USC offense. So you're telling me defensive coordinators knew pretty much where he'd be at all times and could match him up but he still put up 101 receptions, 1275 yards and 11 TDs in one year! Don't know what I was thinking...

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He is a good one. Many options for our 49th pick. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    IMO I see Pittman as a slower less versatile JUJU. Unless we don’t plan on signing JUJU to another contract I would prefer someone with more speed Mims,Reagor, the kid from AZ ST later....jmo

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Aiyuk ran a 4.5, Pittman a 4.52 and Aiyuk (rhymes with I suck) is 6' 205 and Pittman 6'4 223

Juju 4.54, 32.5 vert, 120 broad
    Pittman 4.52, 36.5 vert, 121 broad

:lolol::lolol: Just kidding...I need to watch some Aiyuk games after the 18th, my internet renews....

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The way I’m thinking is that Aiyuk can be had in the 3rd . Pittman gone by then and if I’m drafting a WR at 49 I’m drafting something different than what we already have. Like I’ve mentioned before I would like to see more of a slot,jet sweep type of athlete and if he can return kicks and punts even better. See I didn’t have to completely bash your take on a player because our opinions differ....;). I could of just as easily said we have Darboh and Custis. Why waste a pick on a WR.....lol

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Pittman is different ...6'4 and 223. Big target. We have DJ18 to run the jet sweeps and punt returns.

But I agree, a true burner would be different. Reagor or Mims possibly. Or even Claypool. I'm not against any of these guys, but my preference would be to get whoever it is at 49 if a top OL isn't there waiting. Take advantage of the deep class by taking one closer to the top.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess there are two ways to look at it right? Deep class also allows you to grab a WR later. Their evaluation of WRs seems to be a strength so maybe they find one later. Ebron offers that big target as well and I hope they plan on using him since we spent the money. There’s also the addition of Watt. Plus Ben’s arm. So how many 3-4 WR sets are we gonna see? That’s another reason I want speed and a different type of WR. I would even be ok with a very good slot WR later(Proche, Duvernay etc...) We can go so many different directions with this draft. I would consider a trade back as well but we know that’s not happening.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    https://steelersdepot.com/2020/04/2020-nfl-draft-player-profiles-arizona-state-wr-brandon-aiyuk/

• Like Like x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I hear ya. That’s why I try to go to multiple sites and take what I can from all of them. Honestly the “ drops” they highlighted on SD I didn’t see as flat out drops. They were tight windows and contested somewhat. I would expect to see some easy drops illustrated if the guy had a significant problem with catching the ball. I like what I see and hear....imo

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Show me where I completely bashed any player. ;):cool:

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Saeed blacknall just added at wr. Penn state. XFL. 6-2 208 24 reps 4.37. Of course he's just a camp body since he's an udfa. :cool:

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You called Winfield a 1 year wonder and you said Davis can’t tackle. You can just as easily say you’re not feeling the player or the position picked but every scouting report has them among the top 5 safeties.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ....and there’s a reason he’s not playing anywhere even besides his measurables. I know you have a affinity for UDFAs but they are still long shots. I admire your optimism but way more often than not they don’t work out.