1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why ??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Josh, Mar 14, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Cause you know I like to disagree with you...lmao. No really while VW has shown each year to get better and better I just am not sure he is starter material, I feel the same way about Matakevich and you know how much of a man crush I had on him last year.......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    I don't understand why you're 100% sold on him.... I could be wrong, but he hasn't shown enough to be full proof.... what game films are you watching?

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's done well every time he's played. Good lateral movements, reads plays well, has a nose for the ball.

I posted a link in this thread I think, with some clips of why I feel he's a good player.

4. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Read about zach brown and check his stats last year... he's better... besides, with shaziers injuries it would be a good thing to have 3 nice mlbs

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He left Radiers without a contract, so we'll see if he gets an invite.

6. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    lots of talk about inside linebackers on the board
    nobody mentioning Steven Jackson
    what does anyone think of him?

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    One thing Brown offers beyond what VW offers is pure speed. He ran a 4.50 at 240+ lbs at his combine a few years back. I haven't watched enough of him recently to definitively say that he'd be an upgrade overall, but he may be. What would give me pause is just how bad the Bills were vs. the run in 2016. How much of a role did he play in that? Is that why he isn't finding work quickly? His physical attributes and stats as a starter don't seem to match the market's interest in him.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :beg::beg::beg:

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I did not watch enough if any of the Bills or Brown so I can't comment on that but I posted stuff earlier from a Bills writer and he had lots of good to say about him. With the Bills being so bad you would think if a player was bad they would have good things to say, so that tells me a little.

10. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    The coaches saw him in camp right... We played them once. We hired Hunter.. How do the coaches not see Zach Brown?

11. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    If you could take Brown's athletics, and VW's work ethic and head for the game... and combine in to one player... you'd have a 2nd Ryan Shazier.

Brown's still a free agent, because he's football stupid... and doesn't have a great work ethic.

Brown is not a good fit for a defense that relies on "do your job". He's too much of a free lancer...

12. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    So he is like a Shamarko

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Guess I am lost on what your trying to say, I was responding to SE's question on to what role Brown played in the Bills D last year. I did not watch enough Bills to form my opinion, I am going by what the beat writer posted, which were all good things.