1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY!!!!?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

I just think it's alot more easier to win the sb as suppose to Stanley Cup/ WS/ or NBA....I think it's just easy when you only play 3,4 playoffs game in the nfl and that is including the sb.....in other sports you have to win min 12 games only to reach the finals .

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Football is way to physical of a game to have "series" in it though. It pretty much has to be like it is. Winning a SB is an incredible feat.

3. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    In hockey they take brutal beatings as well.

That's why brady has all his teeth but GRETZKY does not..

4. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    True, but in football qb never gets touched or you'll pay..lol..in other sports everyone is out to get everyone .

5. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Say what you want about pats achievements, I still think we know nothing about spygate and it was all swept under the rug....to me their first 3 sbs will always be questioned.

6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I am a casual fan, I don't have a team, but I am pretty turned off by superstar treatment than brady and other big shot qbs get.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. The NFL has been more evened out for the last 3-5 years than I've ever known it to be. Teams all have their chances to win.

The Superbowls in the 70s were largely the same 4 or so teams as well.

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah, this. Not sure what all the uproar is about. We have more parity now that we've ever had. It may seem like the same teams, but if you think back to the 70's - wasn't it *always* the same set of teams then, too?

9. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but the fact is they have probably the greatest qb to ever play the game and in the NFL a great qb wins super bowls.

take away the hate for the Patriots, Belacheat, Brady, Craft and all their fans and just watch Brady play the position. hes pretty amazing. like i said, i hate the Patriots and Brady, but i know when im watching something special. hes the best qb ive ever seen. im 45 years old and ive seen a lot of great qbs. he just doesnt make many mistakes. look at every other qb in the league and they all make mistakes at costly times. Brady just doesnt. he makes lacrosse players (Hogan) look like HOF wrs. he makes great wrs (Moss) even better.

theres a reason the Pats always seem to be in the super bowl or AFCCG. Brady. take Brady away from Belacheat and hes MIke Tomlin. a good coach, but not considered the greatest. Brady makes that team. until he retires or drastically takes a step back the Steelers and the AFC will have to go through the Patriots to win a super bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    You would expect the ratings to go up when the game gets tight then goes into OT for the first time in SB history. The game pretty much stunk till the 4th quarter and OT. At least you got to see the biggest collapse or I mean comeback in NFL history. I think we all wanted to see the Patriots lose, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

11. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree with almost everything you said except the SB going through Foxborough till Brady retires. The Falcons showed us how to beat them with about the same defensive talent. They just didn't make any adjustments when the Patriots did. They played man coverage and collapsed the pocket on Brady. If we weren't so stubborn and changed to man coverage I think the AFC Championship game would of been different.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers never had a chance. Sure they were there for the championship game but you cannot win a game without a game plan.

13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Nobody can deny the fact that pats have benefited from major cheating from their first 3 sbs.....but it was all swept under the rug..

I will never put brady in the same category as all the other great qbs, he will always be the guy who worked under a crooked regime and when they said jump he said how high ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I muted the circus show at halftime and fell asleep late in the 3rd quarter. When I woke up I couldn't believe Atlanta lost! Of course we all wanted the cheats to lose. But after watching the lowlights, the falcons lost the game more then the cheats won. Football ended at the final score of the AFC championship game for me. Can't wait for the season to start...

15. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    there is definitely a formula to beating Brady. just like there was to beat Manning, but saying and doing is 2 different things. you have to get pressure on Brady. dont let him get comfortable and you have to jam his wrs at the line. timing is everything for those guys. play a soft zone and they will pick you apart and thats exactly what weve seen over the years.

16. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree with your assessment and when we played man defense and got to Brady a couple years ago we beat the Patriots. We have the team to beat them, but in my opinion we are to stubborn in our ways to switch it up defensively. As I said in my last post I don't believe that the path to the SB goes through New England until Brady retires. We can beat the Patriots and I think we have the team to do it now. We just have to make adjustments defensively.

17. QuasidodoJr

QuasidodoJr Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    A few teams dominating is in every sport, though. Even in College sports. Look at the NBA. The last decade has been either whatever team LeBron James is on, the Spurs or the Lakers. At this point we can practically expect the Finals to be the team LeBron James is on vs. either the Warriors on their 3rd straight trip to the Finals or the Spurs.

The Falcons losing had more to do with them getting the big lead, and then thinking it was okay to take their foot off the pedal. If they had stayed aggressive, stopped playing prevent until it was too late and put up even one more FG, they would have won. Instead, they let that big lead get to their heads and then when things started falling the Pat's way they were like deer in headlights.