1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Browns do beat the Ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Roonatic, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They have to. Sorry BBH this is the best I got.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s good to be optimistic, don’t be butthurt like me lol

:thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah, our season is over. Ravens D is legit.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The opening line is Ravens by 6 points That is not many points considering the game is in Baltimore. I believe the Browns will upset the Ravens. Of course, I am bias, but it could easily happen. Of course, Tomlin could easily come up with a way to screw up again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Cincy knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs last season. Nobody gave them a chance to do that either. Go Cleveland!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Cleveland is playing very well right now. They definitely could beat Baltimore.

That is the good news.

The bad news is they are likely going to be good for a full season in 2019 and beyond, meaning it is going to be a much tougher road for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I want to make the playoffs believe me, even if it means more torture lol

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup, good post.

Cleveland definitely has the defense to shut down whatever it is the Ravens do now with their RB playing QB, but the real determining factor is if Mayfield can make enough plays to pull off the upset.

I think the Browns win this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The positive is Gregg Williams is in play to be coach, he wins this game, not sure how he isn’t handed the job.

Browns have won 4 of 5.
    This isn’t an 0-15 Browns team.

Mayfield is playing extremely well, as well as Chubb.
    Browns D has some play makers.

Looking at it, I’m glad the Ravens have the browns and not us right now.

We probably will be playing a bengals team without a starting QB, and no AJ Green and maybe no Tyler Boyd.

I’d rather be playing the bengals than browns this week.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Well considering the Ravens needed to beat the 6-9 bengals last year at home to clinch a playoff spot and lost and the fact that the the Ravens are relying on an inexperienced QB to get it done along with the fact that the browns are one of the hottest teams in football right now. I'd say I wouldn't be at all surprised if they pull it off.. But I honestly kinda dont care because the Steelers shouldn't even be in this position to begin with.. They pissed away a season about as bad as u can do so and they honestly don't deserve to get in

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Gregg Williams is the perfect coach for Baker Mayfield and BM is the perfect QB for Gregg Williams. If they are smart, I make him head coach, no doubt.

12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And he seems to fit perfectly with the offensive coordinator they elevated from QB coach after the firings. I would keep this together for now.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I liked hue jackson but maybe he was the problem. Plus this particular season they were doomed from the start. Todd haley went there thinking he would takeover for hue. Hue on hard knocks was getting outshined by both of his coordinators and then he tried to make himself noticed.

14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I’m with you there. I would be a lot more doom and gloom if the Bengals with Driscoll and no AJ Green we’re playing the Ravens this week but there is actually a lot of hope of the Browns winning this game with as well as Mayfield is playing and the Browns playing for a winning season. It will definitely be a close game I feel the Ravens will not have an easy time winning this game. I expect around 7-730 Sunday night the Steelers playoff chances will still be alive as they should be taking care of the Bengals and the Browns Ravens game will be very close late in the 4th quarter.

There will be a lot of pressure on a guy like Lamar Jackson being a rookie and not having been in this position yet to win this game at home with so much on the line. Let’s see how he responds. I like the Gregg Williams D coordinator factor as well he should be able to come up with something to hopefully slow down Jackson and the RPO they do essentially everytime they snap the ball.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Imo the Browns need 25pts to win next weekend. I hope I'm wrong but don't see the Ravens D giving up that many. Need to rattle L. Jackson into mistakes.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I like huey too but he was in over his head as a head coach.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And he really screwed up this yr with baker for whatever reason hating him. He shaded baker with that humiliating hard knocks clip saying baker won the "backup job" over drew Stanton. I think it has to be more to it than just that he had to say something that got back to baker.

18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I could see the Browns scoring 20-24 points if Mayfield plays well and doesn’t turn the ball over and they can run the ball. I don’t see the Ravens scoring much more then 21-24 points this game without getting some help from their defense. Hopefully the Browns can get an early lead in this game which will force Jackson to throw the ball more against a Browns defense that is pretty good at creating turnovers this season. I think the longer this game stays close early on and after halftime the better the Browns chances will be of pulling off the upset.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Kind of hard not to be butthurt. True Story, a couple of hours ago I am out doing some Christmas shopping here in sunny SC. I am wearing a Steelers Tee shirt. I come across a woman with a Steelers hat on in my aisle. So I say to the woman "man, rough game last night". She turns around sees my shirt, "says that was awful" and immediately hugs me. Safe to say all of Steeler Nation needs a hug today.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think the Ravens need help from their defense to score more than 20. Unfortunately, they will probably get it.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The job got tougher for the Browns after the game. Cornerback Denzel Ward was diagnosed with a concussion, his second in less than a month. No way they risk playing him against the Ravens. That's one big playmaker out of the Cleveland defense.

The Steelers really can't get a break this season. :facepalm:

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It will be hard to root for that punk Baker Mayfield, I'm sick of his crap already.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    This is a league where a 17 point underdog (Bills) curbstomped Minnesota on the road. Furthermore, how often do we see teams lay an egg after huge or emotional wins? Finally, Cleveland has playmakers that can put up points. Browns definitely have a chance. But it would be the most Steelers thing ever if we simultaneously lose to Cincinnati.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Here’s how it will play out. Browns win by ten, we get our dick caught in our zipper against Cincinnati. Microcosm of our season.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If the best the Ravens they finish with a winning season for the first time in forever....

You cant tell me they won’t be up for this game....