1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why play Ben Monday night?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by h_miller_fan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. h_miller_fan

h_miller_fan Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know who made the decision for Ben to play Monday night, but I don't think it was a very intelligent one. It looked like he was playing at about 50%. Under the conditions which he was playing, it looked like he could have received a season-ending or a career-ending injury. I fail to come up with a sensible reason for him to have played.

2. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    He played because he's an offensive starter who was cleared by the doctors.

3. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I've been scratching my head about this all week. At the very least, I would have sat Ben out the 4th quarter. Batch needs a lot of practice. And could someone please explain to me why we hang on to DD and Lefty??

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we were also playing for the #1 seed in the AFC......he will rest this week

5. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The thing that gets me is why he wasn't pulled after the second INT? And mostly with 1:51 left in the game at a score of 20-3 behind an ineeficient OLine, he was still getting sacked right at that bum ankle? Who's mindless decision was that? I thought they were going to rip the ankle completely off and hand it to him. That is just DUMB Coaching!

Also, Ben will start Saturday - mark my words. And if they are not winning by 4 td's he will finish the game. Apparently it's his call to make.

6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    1st, Lefty is on IR and cant be cut. 2nd, If Dixon is cut, that leaves Batch as the only backup. Who would you pick up as a 3rd QB?

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:good: He HAD to start that game....just to see. When it became clear he was a liability, he should have sat.

8. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    hes the kind of qb that most every other fan of other teams would love to have. hes a throw back to the old days of football. when men were men and a little booboo's wouldnt keep them from playing.

if he can walk hes going to play. the 1st int seemed like a bad route on 1 of the wrs. they had 2 guys in the same spot. how many times have we seen that this year?

the 2nd he over threw Miller. Miller got his hands on the ball, but he could bring it in. it was a bad throw. it happens. the 3rd was a desperation and Wallace made almost no effort. he let the db just catch the ball. Wallace should have been fighting for position instead he just kept running straight down the field.

Ben will play Saturday if given the chance. the dude has played through a broken nose, broken foot and thumb, sprained ankles and Knees and concusions. do you honestly think hes going to sit by choice?

unless Tomlin hides his helmet, pads and uniform, hes going to play.

during the 4th quarter at one point Ben was standing down the sidelines by himself. he didnt want to be anywhere near the coaches or trainers. he was just waiting to get the ball back. you have to respect and love the fact that he always want to be on the field.

9. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    what a mess.

10. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I agree. Ben should have been pulled after the 2nd interception. Ben getting sacked like that was tough to watch. I can't understand why Tomlin did not take him out? We need him in the playoffs!

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sucks that Leftwich got hurt because if he was healthy I believe this would be a non-issue.

12. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I respect his desire, but at some point he has to realize that he is hurting the team more than helping.