1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is noone talking about the obvious game changing Brady fumble

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by petekoutromanos, Jan 22, 2017.

1. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Is it me , or what the heck, that changed the whole game were down 17-9, if we get the ball at the 50 and score , even a feildgoal the game is different. I'm dumfounded is it me or does it always seems crap always goes wrong for Steelers, Bell our main guy gets hurt in first quarter of championship, terrible playcalling, 3 rd and 1 and you deep on first drive, missed extra points etc. Then you hear all this crap about the great Belicheck taking out your best player for example Antonio, why cant we do the same thing, why do we always play Timmons on Edelman, I think everyone on this site knows that wont work but for some rason ,our coaches who get paid millions continue to do the same thing, over and over.

Honestly, I don't think the Patriots are that good, we are not as bad as we looked today,and I don't think its coincidence, I think something else is up, it doesn't make sense for a roster with cast offs like Blount, Hogan, Amendola and a crappy line, and a QB who scared like hell when someone gets near him keep winning like this. We have the best rb, wr and oline in the league and we look like crap ,it doesn't mke sense.This WWF NFL Patriots eil guy crap is getting old. Side note it also sucks when you as a fan get all worked up, and you see these punk ass Antonio Brown types smiling while they are getting their ass kicked like they don't give a crap, in which I'm pretty sure they don't ,which makes me not care that much, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR GUYS ,IM GOOD NOW

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It wouldn't have changed much. The D had no answer for the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wasn't conclusive, bad challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yeah I'd like to hear an explanation by the league for that travesty. Hargrave gets up with the ball and hands it to the ref, replay clearly shows the ball was loose, first down New England? Very shady

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snooker doodle

Snooker doodle New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Pat's oline is great for running, Brady masks the lack of natural pass blockers with his ability to dump the ball, but they can rarely be described as a bad line with the oline coach they have
    Blount isn't a cast off from a quality perspective, it's personality issues.
    I'll give you hogan, but when the defense let's the guy stand in the back of the end zone signing autographs while Brady has 8 seconds thow, a pop Warner receiver will clown you.
    Amendola has drops and injury issues, but fits the prototype of 2 little guys zipping around the middle of the field.
    Check the season stats. Bell on the season had like 100 yds more than Blount, and Brady never gets touched

6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    it was a horrible call , agreed. Problem is it didn't matter. We had no answer for their passing game. Ben couldn't move the ball consistently. Our offense has been out of sync for several weeks now. The timing with Ben and Brown is off. Maybe Ben's hurt? Don't know the answer but something is wrong.

The only way we won that game is if we could have taken over the LOS and ran it down their throats. The pats dominated the LOS and took an early lead. Our defense was a mess most of the game. I even saw Harrison making mental errors. That doesn't happen too often. We were not prepared once again for the patriots. Belichick owns bad coaches. We were getting out coached in the first half and it was clear with the unusual formations, WR's running free, trick plays. etc. They had the perfect game plan and ours was a bad and executed even worse.

We got no pressure from our LB's. No pressure from our DLine. They once again easily snuffed out our blitzes like they knew what was coming.

7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Wouldn't have mattered in the least. Our O was flat and out of sync without Bell, and our secondary looked like it belonged on a ham sandwich.

Bad game plan and no plan B (or adjustments at halftime) led to our loss.

8. SocalSteeler

SocalSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Refs give us the ball.
    1st down 2yd run
    2nd & 8 chuck it deep, bounces off one of our terrible receivers chest.
    3rd & 8 incomplete pass to James
    Punt touchback, Brady drives 80 yds in 48 seconds.
    Didn't change a thing, not like they fumbled at their own 1 foot line nd we got a fieldgoal.
    Bellidick owns us, case closed.

9. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It was the game chaNging play,BUT the officials did not want it to change! The booth official said before the review the we clearly ended up with the ball but was brady down ,was it a fumble? The the explanation was fumble but but we did not recover it!............This ttype of officiating happens to often and will continue until a owner and coach step up and say no more! Afre that call Tomlin should have removed our team from the field and states we wiil play when honest refs are put in.That call was the game /The team that gets the turnover will win "Bill Cowher: the patsys got the turnover ,the officials turned over from to the pats! Our D has played much better each game after we got a turnover. No r eason to think they wouldnot again. when the D plays better the offence does better but when the D falters the o plays so so,Some team has to have the guts to change this garbage officiating,always thought it would be the Steelers.very disappointed.

10. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Long story short, the refs simply cheated. They knew we recovered the ball, it's on film, they knew the ball was out before Brady was down, it's on film ..but they somehow decided to let them keep the ball while taking away our timeout..

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We couldn't stop them anyway. Shame on this STEELER coaching staff for having
    a POOR game plan to attack the NE Patriots. It reall.y is disturbing to me

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    We all knew that we would have to score 30+ points to win. Ben couldn't do it. I don't think it was cause he was hurt. Ben has been up and down all year. Psychologically Brady owns him just like Belincheat owns Tomlin. We were doomed from the start.

13. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    This wasn't on Ben, it was on terrible coaching, an awful game plan and a failing in the big moments.

14. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That's because it's in the script.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    James, Rogers and Hamilton were held all game long by Patriots DEs and were never called.

16. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Still don't think it was a deciding factor, but expect the usual NFL nonsense this week. A statement from the head official saying "Yep, we goofed. Pittsburgh recovered. Oops. Sorry."

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    And no Plan B in case anything goes wrong - you know, like injuries to your workhorse.

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I knew there would be a thread about this, and there would be replies saying it didn't matter.

Horse****. It was exactly what the D needed at that point to spark some momentum. It was an inexplicable call which even Simms was confused about.

I wouldn't pin the whole game on it - the 3 and out to start the 2nd half was probably bigger, momentum-wise - but it was still significant. And what's more, we'll never hear a single thing about it ever again.

Likewise the defensive holding on Jesse James when Chung was on his back from the start of the play to the end.

Again, not saying it settled the game or anything, and I do try and be balanced on ref decisions... but it was pretty glaring.

• Agree Agree x 1