1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is losing ok???

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by Dynamic Dennis, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Dynamic Dennis

Dynamic Dennis Active Member

Sep 9, 2019
    I know we have suffered through a lot of adversity this year, but why is losing OK??? I know we are down a couple starters, but what team isn’t?? Why is the game plan to run first quarter, then throw for the end zone every other play? Why in the hell cant the Steelers run twice, and throw or just keep running?????????

RANDY ****BAG

Game plan has been garbage and set to fail this whole year. Problem is not the talent, or head coach. Maybe it is the head coach, I am clearly not a nfl coach, but I know I would not let the team fail like we have this year. Any team in the league could win with our defense. Except Pittsburgh. WHY????????????????????????????????????

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hey Dennis, welcome to the board. Just happened by this part of the forum. First time in this section.

There are a LOT of moving parts to a season, even to a game. You might be over simplifying our issues. Our defense is enough to give us, or any team for that matter a chance to win. Our defense doesn't guarantee victory for anyone. No defense does.

We have coaching issues starting at the top. We had injuries that we could not overcome. And our healthy boys didn't perform up to an acceptable standard. (Not Tomlin's standard. Tomlin's standard is a moving target)

You'll see many different opinions on this, but I'm of the belief that everything starts at the top. Coaches are responsible for everything that happens up to, during, and after the game. Players play and, should, do what they are told to do. If coaches don't put the right chess pieces in the right positions, the pieces can't succeed. All the pieces have to do is what they are supposed to do.

Now I'm oversimplifying.

Point is that we need a lot of work and this ship might not get righted this offseason. We're not in dry dock. But we're also not ready to sail out of port.

Hope my metaphors made sense.

:drinks:

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012