1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it hard for some of us to accept that the Penguins are rebuilding?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steelersfan35, Mar 13, 2024.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Even though a Penguins "rebuild" was eventually going to happen, I've noticed that some people seem to have a hard time understanding and accepting that we may not be a contender for "awhile" (until 2030, which is my prediction)

However, sports fans aren't satisfied (during a rebuild) until their team becomes a contender again, which means that we'll just have to deal with it until we return to NHL relevance...

IMO, since the Penguins drafted Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, etc) our current generation of Penguin fans may have some issues accepting the fact that we may not be good for some time, even though this happens throughout the sports world:

Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, LA Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vegas Golden Knights, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, etc...

On an extra note, hopefully the Penguins will draft within the Top 5-10 (until they become contenders again) along with possibly winning the draft lottery as well...

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Was fun while it lasted. Pens have suited some great teams with lots of success. As did the 70's Steelers and 70's early 90's Buccos. Throw in the Pitt Panthers in mid-late 70's as well. I don't feel cheated as a Pittsburgh all around sports fan. It helps to have been around for a long spell as well. Thank you gentlemen for all the great cherished memories. :thumbs up:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I live in Flyer country and they have sucked for a long time. I fear this could be the PENS future? I may not see another dominate PENS team but I would never complain cause it was a great run.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Probably the same reason Steeler fans can’t accept it

• Agree Agree x 1