1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is attendance declining at Heinz Field?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jul 17, 2018.

1. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    You are spot on. I don't believe the secondary markup is necessarily that high. I think the problem is that most people don't realize just how expensive the face price is so they blame it on markup when in reality it's just expensive now. My tickets, which admittedly are some of the more expensive seats in the stadium have a face value of $230/game/seat. Some games are more (Patriots) other are less (Chargers). Those just aren't easy to move even at face value. I think (but am not certain) that upper, upper deck is around $100/seat.

One other point is that the ONLY way you should be tickets from a stranger is through an electronic transfer. This can be direct or via TM. Let me explain. I get hard tickets from the Steelers. I could sell them on the street, Craigslist, etc. for cash. The buyer would be getting 100% legit tickets. After I sell them I can go online and sell those same tickets via TM. TM would then issue an e-ticket to that buyer and the original hard ticket barcode would be de-validated. So, that's risky for the buyer, but also for me. If I were to sell hard tickets to someone I don't know, they could pull the same scam and I'd get blamed. So, never, ever buy hard tickets any more. Be sure to get e-tickets that are either issued by TM or you can also have them transferred direct from the ticket holders account.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Did you get hard tickets this year? Last year I was given this option. I didn’t see it this year.

With regard to a good game, a $100 ticket may go for $200. A $230 may go for $200. As you have seen. There is a limit to what people can pay?

3. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Not yet, but I received an email a couple of days ago saying they would be sent out next week.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hmm.. I like the printed tickets just because I keep them. I must have missed something, but I thought I looked twice.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, that’s Jonathan. He’s a good dude. Hooked me up in the past. That’s how he makes his living so he does care if the tickets go to waste. He’s cheaper than Stubhub too.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What’s the face value of the tickets on the sidelines in the lower bowl?

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

It has nothing to do with price and no where in my post is that stated or implied. It's the target audience. I'm old enough that going to a Steelers game back in the day was comparatively more expensive than it is today. Nowadays, we have the internet and plenty of seats available for the not so great games, that per my previous post, why leave the living room? We can go to Costco or order online the products that imitate the old school stadium experience (i.e. dawgs that taste like you're there or whatever!) and watch it on screens the size the stadiums use yet never leave the couch.

Again, it's something to do with the internet and the culture that I can't intimate sufficiently here. The start of corp tics that can be bought in groups of thousands for literally thousands has taken over at least a quarter of the stadium and to the "not really a fan BUT HERE'S YOUR STEELERS' TICKETS reward bonus shmuck."

Never mind my lifetime, up until I would say about 10 years ago empty seats at Steelers' games per my tv broadcast just didn't exist.In fact, so vivid is the intro to thISi new phenom that I distinctly remember when I started seeing it via my tv broadcast, thus this post today.

Cassandra, a replant from Minnesota, that out sold her competitors in real estate doesn't really need or want the box seats she received as part of her bonus pkg. She hears how great they are but ultimately they end up in a drawer collecting dust. Hand these ame same tics to me and queue the nirvana music!

Start targeting the "fan" again, which is where the tics should go and nix the corp tics. not sure that's the whole picture but it's sure as Haiti a part of it.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    At Ticket exchange (ticket master) they charge the seller a fee to sell the ticket and the buyer a fee to buy. I think it’s about 17% each way. Looking on ticket exchange right now I don’t think there’s anything listed for under $225 in the lower bowl. 50 yard line tickets are $300-$500 plus fees.

I’m going to the home opener and I’ll probably pay $250-$300 per ticket to set down low.
    Haven’t bought mine yet as I never purchase till sellers have tickets in hand.
    Anyway that will be close to double face value after fees and that’s for the cheaper tickets available down low.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll look for you. I’ll be the guy wearing a Lambert jersey and drinking a beer.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ll be wearing a Lloyd jersey and I’ll be the guy spitting up beer!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Cleaning out an old drawer a few months ago, I found an old ticket stub.

It was from 1969, the regular season opener between the Bills and Super Bowl champion NY Jets. It was OJ Simpsons first professional game. The last season of the American Football League. The game was in the dump that was WarMemorial Stadium in Buffalo. I grew up in Western NY.

Face Value ticket price: $5.50

• Like Like x 1