1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't draft projections value QB's?

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So last year I was a newbie and just dove into the draft without researching anything. This year I'm gathering info and I notice no one values QB's early? When I claimed Watson off waivers, I began killing teams, until he got hurt.

Most projections I see say to wait until 5th or 6th rd to start taking QB's. I doubt I wait that long to take him if hes still there. How do you guys draft?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Rb, rb, rb,rb,rb

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    In all seriousness my first two to three picks are generally running backs. There are a couple wr in the league that will on occasion out produce a stud running back, but for consistency go rb early and often. You’re golden if it’s a ppr league and can grab rb’s that get a few receptions a game as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not how many points a player can get for you. It's how many points relative to the position they can get for you.

The difference between a top 3 RB or top 5 WR to the rest of the field is much higher than the top 3 QBs compared to the next 10. That's why QBs are valued less. Not that getting a stud isn't good. It's just not as important as shoring up your RBs and WRs first (especially in PPR leagues)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks guys! I'll wait although I think I saw that someone always takes Rodgers early. Does he even have anyone too throw to this year? Not sure thats a good move.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Devonte Adams and Jimmy Graham.

I am not a fan of taking a QB early. I have no problems with a Ben or a Rivers or a Stafford much later in the draft.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was thinking Ben myself in the later rounds. He looks like he is on a mission and of course has great weapons.

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Just did my draft with my friends tonight.

Got Watson and Ben as my QBs.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice! What rounds?

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will always take Rodgers or Brees if they are there first. THey average tons of yardage and three TD's a game that is production you just can't beat. If you can stomach taking Brady its not bad either. I went to the Championship game with Kelce, Burkhead and Thielien last year. guys that dont shine but are solid producers are always my preference

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Watson in 6, Ben in 8 in a 10 team league.