1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does everyone think Bill Bellicheat is so great?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by TWISTER, Jan 16, 2024.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Seriously he is 82-98 when Tom Brady has not been his QB?

He also has ZERO Super Bowls without Tom Brady.

why does everyone think he is a must hire for all these teams needing coaches like Dallas, Eagles, Atlanta….etc

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    what was Chuck Noll's record with out TB? though he retired when he left here, why do you think he is so Great? He had zero SB's without TB. Shula had zero with Marino, did he suck?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How many did Lombardi have without Starr?

4. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    My point is this, NONE of these coaches are GREAT without finding that Elite QB or coaching staff under them and the WHOLE team buying into the culture.

5. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If Tom Brady didn’t have Belichick. Brady might have 2 rings tops.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    You are a team owner. Your team has a solid running game and defense but no QB. You have.a couple of conservations with the most successful coach available, who is a defensive guy. You like what you hear and you know he will do anything to win including cheating. You don't have much time left. What do you do?

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Players play the games. You got great players you got a great HC. Easy to Coach great talent. And if free agency was as rampant in the 70's as it is today Mr. Noll would not have been thought of so highly since he'd have lost most those great players to free agency.

In the 70's small little city like Pittsburgh won 6 Championships. Never ever would have happened today. My family members golf with Billy Maz and Elroy Face. Well use too. And they use to talk about how much money they would have commanded today. And they would not have been Pittsburgh Pirates.

8. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Because getting the whole team to buy into the culture is called great coaching.

9. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Because he's great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    That's what makes Joe Gibbs accomplishment of winning three Super Bowls with three different QBs so impressive. He wasn't reliant/tied to one QB for his Super Bowl success.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Belichick is a great defensive coach. All the way through their dynasty with Brady they had excellent defences that complemented what Brady and the offence was doing. Brady benefitted from Belichick as well as the other way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure, but the whole team buying into the culture is coaching. That doesn't happen accidentally. Belichek had a stranglehold on the culture of that franchise. Anyone who didn't toe the line was traded or cut, including star players.

Not to mention a lot of coaches can't win with great QB's. Manning won 1 SB in all those years in Indy. Brees won 1 SB. Rodgers won 1 SB. After 2010, Tomlin could barely win a playoff game with Ben, let alone get to or win a SB.

So why is Belichek so great? Because he did what no other coach has done. He did it for a very long time and he did it with many different players. If you're actually thinking objectively, you'll agree.

13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I won't argue with you about BCheat being a great coach but that team was carried heavily by Brady. Brady ran that locker room and sidelines. He jump both defense and offense players, kinda like MJ and Kobe. BCheat and Brady were a great team.

14. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Belichick has had his day in the sun and is well past his prime. Kinda like a couple of grumpy old men currently vying for the highest office in the land.

16. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It probably wouldn’t have been a huge issue if his drafting hadn’t completely stunk for years. He has also made some very curious FA signings in recent years. The whole team building strategy in New England has been poor even since before Brady left.

He probably would have had his pick of the vacant HC positions if he was willing to just coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    All it takes to win is a qb

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think a lot of people that say this didn't watch how the Patriots actually won their 1st couple of SBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I think people that thinks people that didn’t watch how the Patriots won the Super Bowls is someone who thinks they no it all.

despite them winning the Super Bowls by AV. Who got them there? TB and BB and outstanding the men up front on Off. and Def.

Like my post says. BB is an average coach without TB.

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The tide has turned. Everyone thought he would be hired immediately and now he can’t get a gig in the NFL. Probably wants too much control. Maybe he could coach the probowl skills comp some day.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Do You mean Know it all???
    I do believe they won a AFC Championship without Brady. How many HCs can say that they won a championship without their starting Qb, or didn't You watch that game???

23. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

Why yes I did mean Know it all, where should I pay my fine for misspelling a word in the internet?

I am pretty sure I watched that game, but I have watched many many games in my 53 years of life and my memory has faded. So might not remember the details.

If I do remember right they had a pretty darn solid OL that you or I could have been the QB. But what QB got them to that Championship game?

Point is. It took BB, TB and a Whole team to accomplish what the Patriots did. Look at Andy Reid, he couldn’t win the big game til he got Mahomes. Chiefs are consistent because of AR and PM.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You didn't miss spell....You gave the wrong word, but that's neither here nor there....I make those mistakes all the time. So You are trying to tell Me You don't remember a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers AFC Championship, and I'm supposed to believe You actually watched it???

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  25. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I agree with this....Brady was still not Brady in 2001 and 2003.He was very good but not what he become later in his career

• Winner Winner x 1