1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do I feel like...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Scrap, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Steelers may actually draft a RB with their first pick. I guess it would depend on who is there when we pick but I feel if Richardson or Miller is there they may possibly go for it. I would like to see what some of the current guys can do before they do that I just have this feeling they might, especially with reports of it not looking good for Mendy. Its no secret they want to get back into smashmouth running this coming season and I don't know if they trust Isaac Redman enough to give him the entire load, or if they trust the guys on the roster behind him. I guess we will know soon enough!

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Many teams have found great RB's in later rounds or as UDFA.

I think it would be better if we could utilize a stable of 2 or 3 good RB's instead of just one really good running back into the ground.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see it happening. Its a massive dropoff after Richardson. I think you "could" find a 3rd round or mid tier RB who is good enough, but I am hoping we roll with Redman, Dwyer & Clay. We also get Baron Batch back t oo!

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah I'd be okay with Wilson, Miller, etc in round 2... But Richardson is the only RB that would be worth us taking in round 1.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You're the first person I've seen mentioning or thinking this. I dont think it will happen at all.

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I've seen a few mock drafts with the Steelers taking a running back in the first. Course, I saw one with the Steelers taking Brandon Weeden in the first. Don't need a college degree to make up a mock draft.

7. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah its not at all that I think its a good move or what I want them to do. I just feel its a possibility so they can make a point that they WANT to run the ball this season.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i mentioned this before scrap. i think they like miller alot. i also read somewhere that this could be it for mendy and the steelers. it may have been on the SI site i think. it wouldn't suprise me in the least. i even had switched my mock to miller a while back. :cool:

9. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah I think Lamar Miller could be something that makes the Steelers take their time with their decision come selection time. I know people like the guys we have waiting in the wings at the RB position... but the fact that most of them haven't seen any real playing time and then if they Steelers actually do drat a RB, that will tell you they don't have much confidence in Dwyer or Batch and that they don't believe Redman is a workhorse type back.

Thinking more about it, I guess I am kind of on the fence about them selecting a RB... however I do feel we have bigger needs at other position. But I guess that is all contingent on how the RBs we currently have can perform. Only time will tell.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like our stable of RB's I think they will do fine with how
    they will be used. RB by committee, this is what all the NFL teams do,
    Unless there name is Sweetness the Steelers will never pay big money to
    another Running back.

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ed Bouchette wrote today don't be surprised to see a RB anytime after round 1. I agree. I think if Lamarr Miller is there in the second they pull the trigger.