1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did we pass on Malik Willis?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 6, 2022.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Using Mark "Fat Dumb**** Loser" Madden as a source means the post has lost all credibility.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Madden is always negative about the Steelers, and Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Still no benny? Or sdot? And some of y'all tried telling me those guys were not trolls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I've seen about a half dozen replays of the winning TD. That's a pro's throw, moving to your left, lofting it over the defender. Look at the angle from behind Kenny, he didn't have much room to work with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They both are the definition of trolls. They are not Steeler fans. Yes, we get frustrated. Sometimes we even post stupid stuff because we are frustrated. Those two only post when the Steelers are losing or not playing well. They just post provocative garbage and they're not even good at it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    The last 2 games is why the Steelers chose Pickett. Pretty underwhelming

8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I thought the pass to Sims to get them down there was even more impressive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m guessing this thread was brought back for kicks. Malik Willis was a project QB. Now being benched for underwhelming play for a journeyman 3rd string back up in Dobbs, shows why no team looked at him until the 3rd round.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    This 100%. Which is why it was genius the Steelers put out a big smoke screen that they were going to take him. Teams probably thought they could wait until the second round to take Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You have a point there. All we heard out of the combine was the gushing over Willis’ mobility and Pickett’s hand size. One may wonder who started the hand measurement talk as Kenny was reluctant to have his hand measured. I’ll admit, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I measured my hand out of curiosity. I’m 6’4” and never thought my hands were huge maybe because my fingers are thin, I’m able to palm a basketball, but I measured 10 5/8 inches. Anyway, I’m glad the storyline went as it did and we picked Kenny when we did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Pickett made three really high quality NFL throws last night. The long out to the far side of the field to DJ, the Sims pass, and the Najee pass. Those were three very good throws that any NFL QB would be proud to call their own. The key is can he do that on a consistent and regular basis while not making mistakes. I think he can, and the fact that he's been improving each week is a great sign, but it all remains to be seen.

The Good Morning Football crew was just gushing about him a few minutes ago. They also brought up a good point in how this is completely different from last year in that the Steelers were not going to go anywhere and we going to get blown out, but that this year you could see them at least being competitive. Also mentioned, that if you're an NFL fan you want the Steelers, a team on the come, in the playoffs rather than the Patriots or Dolphins who are both just limping in at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One is under her bridge waiting for opportunity

The other is boycotting for a few days then can stand being without us and the lack of attention

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Unfortunately they made their bed early on with a series of loses that were winnable games.

Beat the $hit out of the clowns first and foremost. If the scenario's play out great. If not they go into the offseason on a high note.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Losses to the Patriots, Browns and Jets were killer. Winning one of those 3 games... and it would've been a different story in Week 18.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Add the 1st Raven game. 2 RZ ints and a missed FG. If just one of those doesn't happen, they win that game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    SDOT still furious that winning meaningless games such as these means we won’t be able to draft our QB of the future…

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Why did we pass on Malik? Because he could not dominate in the Atlantic Sun Conference, that is why. People talked about him coming out like he was Steve McNair. McNair was clowning people at Alcorn State, Malik never threw for 3,000 yards in a season. He could not even be QB 2 at Auburn of all places. A school that let a converted CORNERBACK (Nick Marshall) lead them to a national championship game playing qb. They wanted to move Malik to receiver. Kenny would have been, hands down, the best QB to set foot on that campus since Cam Newton. That is why.

In addition to Malik, I am feeling pretty good about this post right now as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Malik Willis. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    In 1998 after Peyton Manning struggled in his first year, Benny's dad posted on the Colts message board. "Why did we pass on Ryan Leaf?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
  21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We shouldn’t have drafted Pickett. Nor should we have drafted Willis, Riddler, Purdy… We should have mortgage the farm to bring in Rodgers or Wilson. Either would have had us contending for a playoff spot with one game left in the season. Oh wait…

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You better "green font" this before somebody gets pissed.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    they were, those games sucked. but we knew that.....THEN

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LOL!!!!

25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Hey I’m color blind. Last time I green font something some readers almost went blind from the bright glare

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4