1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did we let Hargrave walk?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Aug 28, 2023.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :tequila:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don’t remember now, but I do remember they had released other player(s) at the time. But I also saw why they did what they did. Tuitt really blew the plan up. I’m still steaming over that and no amount of rational debate will cure me of it. I still don’t like how he did his thing - someone sue me.

Buuuut this years draft of Keanu Neal so far looks to almost be a duplicate draft pick. Same round and extremely similar measurables and body type. Even similar early successes on the field. Maybe lightning can strike twice!!!

https://pin.it/2RCygTT

• Like Like x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    In terms of Green he barely played center in College. Steelers arrogance by plugging him into that role ruined any bit of confidence the kid had. He also sucks which is both his fault and the Steelers for drafting him in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Hargrave is a tough one to swallow but nobody could have envisioned Tuitt quitting on everything a couple years later. Couldn’t afford to pay 3 DL that type of coin. Hindsight is 20/20

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I'm assuming that you're talking about Keeanu Benton that they drafted?

Also.....What is with that horrific link you have there? Poor guy gets hit by lightning twice! What the hell??!!! Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, Benton… my bad.

As I was saying, lightning can infact strike twice. So, hopefully Benton turns out as good as Hargrave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Thank you. I couldn't put it all together without your help. :cool:

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I wanted them to keep him, as did many posters here, but I get why they didn't. He was stuck playing nose tackle most of the time, which was not his best position. He is a 4-3 defensive tackle and a damn good one, but the Steelers just weren't going to use him that way. In their scheme, his best spot was really at defensive end, then moving inside on passing downs. That is why his best performances usually came when Heyward or Tuitt was out of the lineup. Of course, if they had known what would happen to Tuitt, they would have kept him, but that's where we get into hindsight.

• Agree Agree x 2