1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

why can't we trade like NE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 30, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We could have been like NE and paid Hightower who is out for the year. Vince Williams has been huge. McDonald has been solid. Our FO isn't the issue. Patriots trade people they don't want to pay for picks but ole Belicheat can't draft like Colbert because there's no way to cheat on that.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It won't matter. Patriots will be down to their 3rd string TE and RB and they will still torch the Steelers D. And the offense will be stagnant as usual.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reminding me. Wheres @NY STEELERFAN at :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey Blast if you have been reading my posts I have been giving props to him.......

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is because they have a coach that breaks down opposing teams game film with such an intensity that I don't think he will ever be surpassed. He prepares his team each week to play that week's opponent focusing on exploiting the mismatches his breakdown reveal. They practice for it. He has a QB that understands his HC will always put him in a winning situation, he knows that 5 yard plays will add up to 400 yard games with the possibility for multiple TD'S. It might not be highlight worthy play but the entire performance will be.

It is no surprise that the best game the Steelers ever played against the Patriots during the BB/Brady era was the game they flipped the script and we're unpredictable. Took BB three quarters to adjust and by then the Steelers had capitalized on the Pats mistakes and put themselves far enough ahead to win.

I thought VW's comments after the 4 goaline stop game last week very interesting. We have discussed the Steelers practice habits and the possibility that they used film breakdowns not to prepare for the coming game but more address what didn't work the week before. Vince's comment about running the 7 shots drill at every practice is interesting in that it seems to confirm working on what they do, hopefully they are sprinkling in offensive and defensive plays from the weeks opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes but who was right about that debate in the first place ;)

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    YOU.....for now!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I disagree with most of those except McAdoo and Koetter. But that's just my opinion...

H Jackson is trying to erase 20 some years of HC/ownership roulette, Pagano has been w/out and just lost Luck for the season, M Lewis is just there, but ownership doesn't give a flying puck, John Fox is now starting a rook QB. But I understand, the media needs filler....

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Koetter should have been feeling the heat since Hard Knocks when they showed the Bucs honoring Gruden and he pops into the film room offering any help they need. Even going so far as to tell the production crew that he makes a playbook every year just has no one to give it to. Very telling in my opinion

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree with everything you said. Are you talking about the 2011 game? Lebeau and Arians, both, called a brilliant game.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Everything I have heard on the radio say Clowns ownership want to make this a "stable" staff. I really feel after this week where they traded then didn't trade the Clowns have so much egg on their face someone will have to pay so bye bye Jackson.

Also not sure why there is so much down on Pagano, but a lot of the sports talk I listen to has the Colts sending him packing. I feel like without your starting QB you can't blame a guy, the Colts are bad.

As far as McAdoo goes I think he is working for an organization similar to ours and he will be kept around, jmo.

I may be in the few here but I think Lewis is a good coach, he has turned that team around but now they are just a joke. I feel he needs a change in scenery and will get it this offseason.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    NYSteelerfan:Also not sure why there is so much down on Pagano, but a lot of the sports talk I listen to has the Colts sending him packing. I feel like without your starting QB you can't blame a guy, the Colts are bad.

After back to back 8-8 seasons with Luck, I wouldnt be happy with this coaching staff mainly the way they used luck and they never improved the oline to protect him which didnt help, but luck would take on defenses with a line backer mentality instead of getting rid of the ball so it was just a matter of time before he got a big injury, so the coaches let him run wild instead of giving him play calls that played to his strengths. But Pagano is a D coach and his defense hasnt been good for 3 years now which falls directly on him, for these reasons I expect him and his coaching staff will be gone this off season with 2 years left on his contract.....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Really so after 3 11-5 seasons where they lost to the Ravens(sb champs), Cheats and Cheats(sb champs) again, the 2 8-8 seasons where Luck was injured both times means he should be on the hot seat???? As a Steeler fan I hope so..................

Also let me add all coming back from cancer!!!!!