1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

why can't we trade like NE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 30, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    cousins? "HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT" *throws a pick 6 against a bad cowboys defense*

Alex Smith is alright but like others said they built the offense around him there.

Janine Garofolo might have some upside but doubt we utilize him appropriately.

I'm just gonna give up on life and say put Dobbs in the redzone

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Garoppolo is a free agent in 2018 and the Pats are going to be up against the cap. It seems Jimmy G was going to be looking for a team willing to give him a chance at the starting position and pay him what he/they think he's worth. The Pats weren't going to do either of those things.

He was going to be gone next year one way or another so this is a win win for the Pats and Jimmy G. It doesn't take a genius to keep him around as long as possible - just in case - and still get a good draft pick out of it.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My takes: First off Marsha never gets hit so....the only way he gets hurt is if he falls down a flight of stairs(which I wouldn't mind giving him a nudge) or some other freak accident(one can only hope)

Second :I would bet Jeanine G has a better career then Jimmy G.....

Third: I would hope CJ would break both his legs on his way to Pats facilities.. You retired because you didn't want to risk injury...don't be coming back just for a chance to win....bad karma.

4. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Who says Janine Garofaolo (love that by the way) won’t sign with NE after the year?

I suppose SF doesn’t do the deal without having talked long term numbers up front.

I’m sure the salary cap wouldn’t allow it but it would seem like a sneaky BB trick to get a high 2nd and wind up with Janine again. On an 0-8 SF what’s he going to look like? Will his value actually go down if he stinks it up? Just seems weird to me

5. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Heard Gates the Miami HC doesn’t like players who won’t follow blindly.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Very well could be, but to also add to that, we have to hope Garrapalo plays lights out for the rest of the season so it takes San Fran out of the market for a vet AND a top draft choice at QB. If JG plays good, they could still take a QB high but I would think it unlikely. They were looking to dump Carlos Hyde so maybe Saquon Barkley would be a target for them.

7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    And in other news, Browns had a trade worked out for Mcarron, BUT FORGOT TO TURN IN THE PAPERWORK TO THE LEAGUE,!!!

Browns gonna brown, I guess...

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Hue Jackson wanted his guy I guess. Surprised by the possibility of an "in division" trade like that.

9. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It's time images.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cousins is one of the most overrated players in the league, in big games he comes up short. I wouldn't give him 25 million a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    7th rounder reportedly offered. The guy is one drug test from washing out and unstable, there is no leverage.

12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Apparently, that ended up not being true.

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The patriots just traded away the only other QB on the roster and have a poor o-line.... if anything happens to brady, they will be hanging with green bay

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He has already been sacked more than he was all of last year:

Through five games of the 2017 season, Brady has already gone down 16 times, including five sacks courtesy of the Texans' defense in Week 3. In Thursday's win in Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers hit Brady at least 10 times and sacked him on three occasions.

Brady is on pace to get sacked 52 times this season. That would be the worst of his career: His previous high was 41 sacks in 2001, the year he replaced an injured Drew Bledsoe and became the Patriots’ starter.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but as long as he has a pulse he's a threat to us....only when he isn't behind center will I be able to breathe a sigh of relief....

16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    They've had locker room issues with Ajayi before. Maybe it was an internal problem? He has talent but maybe they are cutting their losses and are letting someone else handle his baggage.

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We aren't getting anything of value for MB. He's a puff away from Justin Blackmon status. Oh, and all this whining and twitter posting hasn't helped his value either. He just seems like a quitter.

Nobody is going to give us a 2-3rd round pick for MB. He!!, I'd be shocked if they got offered a 5... and no way I'm trading him for a 5

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    they signed Brian Hoyer who was subsequently released from San Fran. So like you said, not much after Brady lol

tbh though I always liked Hoyer as a bu

19. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    We could trade Landry Jones, just like the NE trade, but what's his worth to other teams as a backup? Also, what other players would be on our trading block? And there's no chance of us trading Dobbs.

Also, with Ben's injury history, we need at least 2 backups to be on the safe side.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Deadline to trade is now over. LJ would be worth a 6th. rounder at best . A blow up doll would be better than LJ at least that might distract some defenders for a few seconds.

21. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    these are the QBs from Landry's draft class: EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Brad Sorensen, Zac Dysert, B.J. Daniels and Sean Renfree. Who do you like better? I am thinking we picked the best guy available when we needed to train a back up.

What we need is for Dobbs to become better than him next year. Until then he is an affordable backup who could probably win us a couple games the way our defense is playing.

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I like the entire list better.Well maybe that was not the draft to get a QB at all on the other hand.

23. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    What was Denver's record when Josh was at Denver? He's nothing without Belichick and Brady, and he knows it.

24. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Dolphins claimed they didn't trust his knee after the surgery is how I heard it.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't see how this helps the Eagles much at all. He's the same style runner as Blount, so maybe it's just an insurance type move. I guess a 4th round pick isn't too much of a gamble.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Jackson is on the hot seat to be fired after this season, unlikely he will be around to get McCarron after botching the draft with Kizer flopping his chance to be their guy....

Heres the hot seat list right now:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...es-browns-hue-jackson-chuck-pagano/819475001/