1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

why can't we trade like NE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 30, 2017.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    just heard that NE traded QB Graoppalo for a 2nd round pick (similar to a low 1st round pick). can we get a 2nd or 3rd round for MB????

2. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    No. With his drug past and suspensions and penchant for social media outbursts, a 5th round would be high for him, I suspect.

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It's confirmed, now the interesting part will be how he pans out. None of these coveted NE cast offs or supposed successors has lit their teams much less the world on fire. Now some are gonna say "why didn't we trade a 2nd for him"? Because bill dealt outside the division and as I said, buyers remorse for going after NE QB cast offs. MB ain't gonna yield Jack... He'll Holmes only got a 5th and he's a SB MVP although Pitt probably could've gotten more if they weren't just looking to unload... Maybe not who knows.

4. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    so would you trade our backup QB in midseason with Ben's injury history?
    not that I wish injuries on anyone but with both Garropolo and Brissett traded what will the Pats do if Brady gets hurt?

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Bring B Hoyer back?

Either way, this could play very well in the Steelers favor... Maybe

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Right now Martavis is not going to get you anything higher than a 4th round pick and that's even a stretch. The sad thing is he has high second round talent if he just grows up a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting trade. I thought Cassell would be really good when he left NE but he wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Should Brady go down, who is the back up in N.E. now? Will he be able to overcome a poor defense and keep the ship afloat until Brady gets back?

9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I really hope this ends up biting them in the butt. If Brady misses a couple games due to injury it will. I don't care how good Belichick is, you can't just plug and play at that position.

Also, they clearly plan to sign Hoyer as their back up. I'd dump Landry and sign Hoyer just to mess up their plans!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. Wonder what Bills thinking is here.

Does Bill think Brady will be playing for 2, 3, 4 or more years?
    Does Bill think Jimmy G doesnt have what it takes to play QB at a high level?
    Does he feel he will lose him in FA and getting what he can for him?

My money is on choice 3. Good move for both teams.

As far as not having a backup now, they are on a bye and will pick someone up before they head back to work. Could even be Castle whom SF just released.

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They couldnt sign JG to a long term deal, he wasnt about to sign a deal for backup money so getting a high two pick was best for both parties, the niners will pay him starter money which was what he wants and gives them a QB that shanahan can win with, I hope they can win 8 in a row to make that 2 pick drop in the pick order......

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Suprised by this personally.

Jimmy G. should have been traded at the beginning of the season. His value was much higher then. A second round pick is nice but they definitley could have receieved something better had they dealt Jimmy at the beginning of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Rumore that they are close to a deal with Detroit for the rights to Calvin Johnson

14. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    No. THE PATRIOTS DO NOT NEED MORE HELP.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's the rumor circulating around lions boards.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Pats look ahead better than any , They also showcase BU'S to create value . This draft has a lot of good QB'S it is a great move to get a extra high pick.Look what he did with Jacoby . He changed the game plan to fit the style of the QB this allowed him to shine and increased his value .

I think we could still get a 3 for Bryant. To many Teams need a deep threat and a red zone threat . Those Teams can see the tape ,they can see that him and Ben are a bad fit . Ben has really never been a great deep ball guy.

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well if somebody gave us a 2nd rounder for Jones I'm sure he would be shipped.

You got to have something somebody wants to get a decent return and in turn you got to be willing to part with it.

18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    So assuming that Garopollo fits with the 49ers and isn't just a rent-a-player for 8 weeks, does this take the 49ers off the table for the services of Cousins? That could be potentially good news for the Steelers if they wanted to pursue him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Jay Ajayi to the Eagles is the bigger trade.

Only for a 4th rounder?

I know the Dolphins got pounded but heck your still 4-3 on the season. If I was a paying dolphins ticket holder I'd be mad as heck.
    Talk about waving a white flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The Eagles are after calvin J as well, they traded with miami yesterday for running back Ajayi and are serious about obtaining calvin johnson, they would probably trade us for MB if they cant land CJ but the trade deadline is looming....

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would trad LJ for a cold Beer and a Philly Cheese Steak. Heck the beer doesn't even have to be cold.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  22. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    You want to trade like NE. You have to make your backup QB look good and play him some. Plus Josh McDaniels knows how to design his offense around his QB's to make them look good. What was NE record when Josh was at denver

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If the Steelers made this trade, there would be an inane number of negative posts. NE does it and there is a question as to why we can’t.

This is where a particular bell curve fits in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn pats just die already so we can win our 7th and let ben retire a champ

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I would be pissed and making negative posts if Steelers got Garrapolo from the Patriots. Only because I'd rather have Cousins or Smith in 2018 if Ben retires. :cool: