1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

why can NE trade down and we cant.. thats why they are good

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HinesWardHOF, Apr 25, 2013.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    oh i know your right on the report. not saying your wrong. i am asking you if you think 6-2 245 is to small? imo you can either play or not. this kid can play. there was some talk about timmons playing outside and jones is bigger than he is. thats all i am saying. maybe they had to find something bad to say in the scouting report so they said that. i know that the saints are switching to a 3-4 and there was talk of them taking him to play olb

2. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My point would be at 36 years of age i'd want the 32 pick not a 54, 56 and a bunch of late picks. We'll see if they get studs that HOF think they are getting in the mid/late 2nd/5th but if I was Tpom Brady I'd want the bpa at 32. I

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When you look at the numbers, he doesn't appear to be too small, no. But there must be a reason I've heard that numerous times now. Perhaps his 245 isn't the same as Harrison's 245. After all, we're not comparing people in a vacuum, not everyone carries weight the same way. I never read that he needed to weigh more, I read he wasn't bulky or strong enough.

The guy appears to be a stud in the making, but the pick really worries me. He relies almost entirely on his explosiveness and speed. As of right now, he doesn't have much in the way of pass rush moves short of exploding around the outside. He's also not known as being as athletic as some of the other pure pass rushers in the league. You can't teach athleticism. I worry about guys that rely purely on explosiveness and speed because those are two things that can disappear in a damn hurry, and if that's all you bring to the table, suddenly you have nothing to offer.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get that, but at the same time, there really is no offensive player worth taking at 32, other than a RB or QB, which wouldn't help them anyway. There was no WR worth taking at 32 so I doubt brady cares one bit about moving back

5. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Again, look at the thread title, it is what it it is.

If I was Tom Brady.............................. I'm a Patsey.