1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

why can NE trade down and we cant.. thats why they are good

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HinesWardHOF, Apr 25, 2013.

1. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we cant trade down from 17 but NE can... amazing .. they outplayed us with sanders and outplayed us in the draft.. sucks

HINES

2. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We have won two superbowls since they have won one. What are they so great at! Why would they trade down when they have a QB now and need to win now.

3. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    we dont have a QB NOW and have to WIN NOW ... who has won more games over the past 5 years? who DIDNT finsih 8-8,, duh

HINES

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belichick can trade down all he wants. He's the most overrated evaluator of talent in the league. He knows how to nab o-lineman, and that's about it. Why do you think he tried to get sanders? because his own draftees at WR have been miserable.

5. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is why you do not trade down. We need to win soon with this QB. Just like the Pats and their QB.

that is my point

6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    why would we trade down when a top 5 player in the draft fell into our laps?

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    And look how many of Beli's picks have been flops also. They only had a few picks this year so they had to get more somehow and that was the only way they could.

If the Steelers felt there was a deal they shouldnt pass up they would have taken it. The only trade that happened close to their pick (right after it) was the 49ers...but Dallas ONLY got a 3rd rd pick to move down 12 spots. But they wanted Jones...he was one of the special players on their list...so they werent going to trade down at that point...unless it was a reallllllllly good offer.

Get over it...just because they didnt do what YOU wanted you go off on all these tangents and *****ing and complaining...jeeez.

Until you call the shots you'll have to live with what the team does just like the rest of us. The way some people are acting is just really stupid and immature...wow!

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That's just it, you can be disappointed that the 1st round didn't go as you would have wanted but to act like Jarvis Jones is a bad pick is ridiculous.

9. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011

yeah tell me that when jones' neck snaps and hes on the IR.. or when he starts as a 26 or 27 year old rookie.. you guys that think hes going to start this year must have forgotten who our DC is .. and i liek lebeau . but to take a 24 year old rookie that wil sit for 2 years and has a history of neck problems is nuts.. hope im worng

HINES

HINES

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    If you dont think the Steelers looked at this medical had him checked out/etc...and if they had problems with him that they would have STILL taken him your a fool.

They were fine with his medical...liked him...wanted him...and thats all there is to it. And whooop-di-do they took a guy who is 23 a year older than some draft picks...or a couple years older than others...big deal...wow.

11. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    lol all i can say is by that post i can see your total lack of FB knowledge... age doesnt matter.. doesnt matter he will be 24 by the start of the season... doenst matter that in a DL system they sit for a couple years so hes 26 when he might hit the field on a regular basis .. doesnt matter that USC wouldnt let him play? do you thin they didnt want him to play... seriously you cant be that stupid to say age doesnt matter.. ...lol if that were the case we would still have harison or joey porter or have about if age doesnt matter lets resign jack lambert.. there you go .. call jack lambert back hes only 60 .. you are so funny.. age doenst matter to you maybe.. glad you arent picking the players.. you would be going ot the AARP list to get guys...

HINES

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am telling you that jones will start day one. Tomlin even said he done alot of the same things they will ask him to do at georgia. This is the best player we have drafted on defense since troy. He is already the 3rd best player on our defense

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    exactly .. seems people forgot how was our pass rush recently

14. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Guess that means Worilds was a busted 2nd round pick, and we're filling holes rather than getting better. Taking 2 steps back to move one forward is not a recipe for SB titles.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    When I look at the Vikes/Pats trade, the only explanation that pops into my head is the Bellechick must have pictures of Rick Spielman in a compromising situation. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid trade by the Vikes. New England always seems to be the beneficiary of teams making desperate, stupid moves on draft day.

16. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    OK, they have traded down but as far as I'm aware, they haven't actually drafted 4 or 5 future hall of famers with the picks yet.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No, but now he at least gets the opportunity to try. Teams gave up far less to move up higher in the draft, mind numbingly stupid trade.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Patriots have been getting all those extra draft picks for years and what do they have to show for it a lot of busts many cornerbacks who can't play receivers like Chad Jackson.

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anything to bash the FO. Did you ever think that maybe they didn't want to trade down? That they got exactly the player THEY wanted? Maybe the only trade they were offered was similar to what the Cowboys got(no value)?

20. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think the Steelers WOULD have traded down had someone they really wanted not been there and the trade presented itself. I think most people forget that Jones was on everyone's Top 3 list of prospects right after the NC game. If you look at the way the draft went down....there were a lot of panic type moves. Buffalo must be the most stupid organization in football. I don't care if you think EJ Manuel is the next coming of Warren Moon, you could have had him in Round 3 and filled 2 other holes, but they must not understand that....

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    By the way, to the original poster - the Pats are good because of Tom Brady, and that was a LUCKY pick over a decade ago.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have to be open minded, creative type of fo,
    that obviously NE posseses. This is one of the reasons they always field
    a competitive team, of course Tom Brady doesn't hurt.They give their fans something to get excited about,
    sort of like when we made the Jerome Bettis trade. That type of statement speaks volumes to the fans.
    Sort of like Ray Shero of the PENS, now that is the type of GM I like. He makes things happen. If your standing still
    somebody is passing you up.

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Go back and look at some Pats drafts. You will be looking at 1st and 2nd round picks in recent drafts, and asking "where the heck is this guy now?" on half (or more) of their early picks.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he could be here until he's 35. that's 10 years. then we will cut him and sign him back a year later and he will start for 2 more. that's 12 years.

he can't sit for two years in our system worilds will be gone next year.

will he take harrisons #92 is what i want to know? he was 29 at georgia. that could offend silverback and we probably don't want to do that. ben may be totally against it.:smiley1:

:cool:

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What is their record the last 10 years? How many consecutive trips to the playoffs have they made?
    Do they spark interest in their fan base by TRYING TO BECOME BETTER?