1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why aren't we using Edmunds to cover TEs?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Oct 17, 2018.

1. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    I see the potential on this guy. Can’t wait to see him polish pro fundamentals.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You mad bro?

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sutton is not showing improvement. He showed flashes of ability last year, but he has struggled this season. He was part of allowing a scrub tight end to have a career day Sunday and you think that is a sign of improvement for Sutton?

Yes, Uzomah is the Bengals' best option at tight end with Eifert and Kroft hurt, just as Grimble would be the Steelers' best option if McDonald and James were both injured. That doesn't make Grimble a starting-quality NFL tight end.

You rely on fan boards and fantasy sites for your information. I offer statistics to support mine. That is just one of the reasons you lost so badly on this one. Please do better next time.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why would utterly destroying you in this discussion make me mad?

Also, didn't you claim you had made your last post on the subject? You really are stuffing quite a few false claims into just one thread. Maybe you should try to pace yourself. :)

5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Two of those links were from CBS and one was from the Bengals website. The one I posted from Fansided was a fantasy site. I will still trust Fansided over a snarky message board genius such as yourself. But, again, feel free not to let the facts get in the way.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The only thing being destroyed at this point is your reputation. I actually feel a little sorry for you. You must have some sort of reading comprehension issue, or other learning disability. I said this was my last post on this subject, and it was. That dosent mean Im not going to respond to a personal attack. I asked you if you were mad, because most people that go on nonsensical rants are usually angry.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Hey Scribe. My last three posts were just poking the bear dude. We are boring the board arguing CJ Hosh-Uzomah at this point. I'm officially done now. Good argument. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's two more posts after you said you were done.

One of your many problems is that you trust Fansided at all. Another is that you claimed I presented no facts even though I supported my argument with statistics. So, are you lying or do you not know what a fact is?

9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Are you serious? How in the world do you make the leap to misogyny with this? How does that joke show a prejudice against women?

I generally enjoy reading your posts scribe, but this is no place for identity politics. Plenty of other places on the Internet for that.

Let's stick to how bad the Steelers are at evaluating defensive back talent.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The swinging handbags comment was meant to demean the two people involved by suggesting the dispute was somehow feminine. Perhaps the intent wasn't misogynistic, but just because people don't think something through before saying or posting it doesn't change the meaning of the words that are used.

It's not about politics. I take the proper use of language very seriously. It's the common thread among my two careers and every day I try to help my students to respect the language and truly think about what they want to say.

I'll drop it now, but you did ask how I made that leap.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Fair enough. I took the comment to be analogous to a pillow fight (as in swinging something harmless as opposed to swinging something dangerous like baseball bats) since you guys were trading blows with no malice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not trying to pick a fight but I find it kind of funny how you take someone's obvious attempt at a joke and take issue with it and claim it was demeaning. Do you realize how you sometimes come across and comment to people who don't agree with you? I've seen more than a few instances where you come across snarky and demeaning. I've actually been a part of a back and forth with you myself.
    I respect the fact you try and teach the language and it's proper use. I also know there is a right and wrong way to have a conversation,even on a message board. Like Blastfurnace said a couple months ago we should all comment back and forth like the person you are talking to is sitting across from you. I'm just sayin....,

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Jesus H Christ are you really this big of a dick? Stop taking yourself so seriously. Clive had the two best posts in this thread IMO. The handbags thing was clearly a joke. Learn how to take one.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I claimed that use of the term was demeaning. His explanation, that he saw it as equivalent to a pillow fight, makes sense, but one term has a gender connotation and the other does not.

And to be clear, I haven't posted a word here I wouldn't say to somebody in person.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Saying somebody throws like a girl is a joke, too, but it's still sexist.

I didn't have a problem with a joke at my expense. I simply pointed out the issue with how it was worded.

By the way, this is the proper situation to use the following:

U mad bro?

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No you said the comment was meant to demean the two involved which means you took it personally. Which many of your comments here can be taken in that context as well. I guess you have a good dental plan:thumbs_up:. But to each his own I guess....

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Was this thread about Edmunds? I lost track.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was meant to do something. That doesn't mean I took it personally. Please be more precise in your use of language next time. Thank you.

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Umm, I seen men with handbags & they like swinging them. I'm with Clive on this one.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    N
    No problem. You try and do the same. Thanks a bunch....

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I really miss the days when you told someone they throw like a girl and then they was all like yeah you suck and then nothing happened or maybe sometimes you'd duke it out but then be friends again and like all the girls at the park didn't get offended and stuff.

I really miss them days.

And I hope TE becomes a TE killer... but that he also does keep in mind their feelings as well because that would be career suicide these days

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah dobbs those days are gone. Some people these days are just so hellbent on being right and PC they don't care how much of an ass they have to be to achieve their goals....I guess it's mission accomplished for some...

23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hey man I was just having a little moment to myself... Don't try and jump me into your prison gang!

HHahahahahahah

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry society's attempts to get sexism out of the language are such a burden for you.

I also hope Edmunds can be part of the Steelers figuring out how to cover a tight end someday. Sadly, we've seen no indication of that at all this season.