1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your "dirty draft secret"?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Come on guys, some of you must have one, who's the guy you really like and would be happy if he gets drafted but keeping to yourself out of fear of public ridicule :unsure:

Mine is Su'a Craven. I've talked about him a little but certainly haven't been pimping him. I just like these versatile hybrid players, especially with ones that have his motor and instincts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Initially mine was Emmanuel Ogbah.

After revisiting his tape however... let us just say that ship has sailed a long time ago. Second week of February onward though, Andrew Billings has been my "Draft Crush."

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I definitely want Su'a Cravens but I'm not embarrassed at all by him. I would be jumping for joy if we got him in round 2.

I've got 2.

My first is Mackensie Alexander in the 1st round. There's something about him that I really like when most don't like him at all. As i posted on the weekend I'm kind of getting cold feet on Jackson and Apple. There's something safe in Alexander's game.

My second is Eric Striker LB from Oklahoma. I know he's short. I know he's slow. He was productive and was an emotional leader for the Sooners, a team I detest. I think I'd give him a try in the late rounds.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    1. Kendall Fuller. I've discussed him in recent days, but kept mostly quiet on him for a while to see how his medical recheck went. I think he's a perfect fit for our predominantly zone coverages. He's a bit smaller than Ike, but the way he plays makes me think of Ike with hands.

2. Tyler Ervin. I watched what I could find on him several weeks back when some of our coaches attended his pro day. I know RB shouldn't be considered an early need for us, but this guy is electric. He is NOT Dri Archer. He's a solid kick and punt returner who should immediately lock down a starting job in both of those roles. He's not a big inside runner, but he's tougher than you'd expect in a guy who is under 200 lbs. He can catch the ball almost like a slot receiver, and is a threat to go the distance any time he touches the ball. If we take him in the 4th, I'll have a nice smile - even if we pass on a corner or DT.

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wear the same underwear throughout the entire draft ,weekend and all.....in fact they are the same ones I've been wearing since we got Ben.....oh wait nevermind,not that kinda dirty secret? ....oops! My bad.....:facepalm:

Mine is Noah Spence:hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Idk that I have any this year. Lots of guys I'd be happy with and not a single guy I'm trying to beat the door down for.

The closest thing for me would be Braxton Miller. Idk where he projects to go in the draft, but I think we are serious about another WR and he fit perfect with what we look for. Senior, team leader and electric after the catch. He's raw as a WR, but IMO could turn into a very good WR in the NFL.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Probably Taylor Decker and Noah Spence. I love Decker's vision for picking up stunts/blitzes, and we're not that deep at tackle. I think Spence is a long shot but if they did their homework on him and thought the ecstasy stuff was behind him, I think that would be a good selection as well.

In another way I'd go Justin Simmons, I've been pimping him from the get go and if they get a CB in round 1, I'd be fine if they took Simmons in round 2. In this case, its not the player but the draft position since everyone sees him going in the 3-4 area.

8. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Braxton Miller

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Mine is Artie Burns. I feel like I would get a lot of backlash considering his height and lack of a considerable length of pedigree

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Johnathan Bullard..The DE out of Florida. I want him. To me he'd fit in perfectly to what we do and be a heck of a rotational guy for Tuitt & Heyward.

There..I feel better now that I've got that off my chest.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    k.joshep , anyway even troy was not a factor in in the first year we can wait 6 weeks to put him on the field

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    You're welcome!

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Dosen't the fact that Mackensie Alexander had no interceptions bother you some. Seems to me we would want more of a ball hawk type corner.? Just a question, as that seems to be negative flag.

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Reggie ragland. I have watched and love this kid. He is just a great football player. He doesn't fill a need and probably won't be there at 25 but I would love to have him

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh no! Not the Alexander discussion again! See the "players you DON'T want" thread lower in this forum to understand why I'm cringing at the thought of a rerun... :maintete:

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Got it, thanks

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    You can get alot of info in that other thread but to answer your question, it is a concern but it is not a deal breaker. As I pointed out in the other thread he had no INTs but he didn't give up big plays or TDs either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    So, I'm having trouble finding tape of Cravens when he was a true safety back in 2013. I think he's promising as a pure football player, but what is his role in a base defense other than a 4-3 will? I am not seeing any film where he plays more than a few yards off the line.

19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    OG Nick Martin, Notre Dame

I'd take him in the 2nd in a heartbeat. Instant upgrade at LG plus Pouncey insurance so we could cut Cody Wallace.

I also like Max Tuerk in the 4th

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no problem admitting that I want them to draft Alexander, the guy can flat out keep people from catching the ball, pretty important skill. And the guys work ethic is second to none, he's a meticulous study of his opponents. He's grown to be the CB I want the most.

Blackhole blackhole blackhole

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My thought exactly Freak, Troy didn't see the field until about the last qtr of the season. If Karl doesn't get hurt, he would have been way higher
    in the draft than where he is slotted now. Pull the trigger on this man. Steelers 2nd pick is
    what scares me, the person I want won't be there when we pick.

22. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Mine would be Le'Raven Clark, the OT from Texas Tech. Love his natural size, and with Munchak's tutelage those 12" hands and 36" arms could be a nice stonewall against defenders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Like this guy. And going forward, we need to take guys later in the draft with the measurable and let Munchak school them up. In other words, I want to find more late round diamonds and not have so much money tied up in the O-line.
    We have to take more advantage of the fact we've got the best o-line teacher in the game.

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    that's my problem too the best cbs willl be gone

25. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Kenyan Drake, rb Alabama. Punt returner, kickoff returner, good at catching passes out of the backfield, great open field runner. 4th round.