1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would you keep ... Dwyer or Redman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by scruffy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Keep Dwyer

19.6%
  2. Keep Redman

45.1%
  3. Keep both Dwyer and Redman

31.4%
  4. No preference, but only keep One

3.9%
  1. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Or possibly the guy who doesn't have a real burning desire in going to play in Arizona for BA. LOL :lolol:

If the 2014 cap remains exactly the same as 2013, it looks to me like our current extra money will about equal the 2014 dead money charge and we are pretty much even presently. Leaving nothing to sign anyone else next year, without some sort of other moves first. But, I'm just now trying to understand this damn "cap crap", so I'll defer to the experts here.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Really though...Redman, Dwyer, and Batch are the exact same type of back.

Steelers can easily keep two, but why keep three?

Between the three I say get rid of Batch. Most want to get rid of Dwyer, but he is a better runner than Batch.

3. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I voted to keep both simply because they both bring a lot to the table and no one on the roster has shown they are better currently.
    I agree Bell is an automatic. I think Dwyer has more natural running talent but lacks heart and conditioning. If he were to get his head on right he could be a force like Bettis was in his prime.
    Redman brings heart to every run, I love that in an athlete. Gives 100% on every carry and doesn't take a play off. That has earned my respect and a roster spot on my team.
    LSH, here is a guy that didn't impress me at Pitt or Arizona and frankly I am surprised he is in the NFL still. I do agree he brings a certain skill set such as a 3rd down back and may perform on ST, but if Bell becomes the 3rd down back and eventual every down back as people seem to think, I think LSH may be expendable.
    Batch, he is undersized and not that impressive. I say it will be a toss up between him and LSH on who gets the roster spot.
    McNeal, I am intrigued by his skillset and want to see what he brings to the table. I could see him getting the 4th jersey on game day....if he pans out.
    I really think its between Batch and LSH, will one will make it, or will possibly both be cut if Bell can handle 3rd down and McNeal brings some skills??

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think batch still has some practice squad time left, so stashing him away there is an option and it most likey will mean the end to one of redman or dwyer. we will save some carry over money I believe if at all possible.:cool:

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I voted both. They are signed and we have a good FB and potentially awesome rookie. We also have a new OL and a new Blocking scheme.

You keep all you have and can afford to see who rises to the challenge and to protect yourself against injuries.

Now as far as next year goes they are both UFA. Dwyer will be allowed to sign elsewhere and we should try to sign Redman. We won't get anything as far as a comp pick so we'd be better off trading him as he'll have more value than redman.

We're already pressed against the cap next year ( surprised???? ) so we can't afford them both.

Cajun-

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I voted to keep Dwyer. I think he offers us the best chance at a decent running game at least until Bell takes over.

7. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Redman & Dwyer both will feel the prod this yr. I think Dwyer is the hungerest of the two I believe Dwyer will be our man with Redman.. Batch goes and Bell used for the 3rd & short's. love the coming challenges the draft will bring to the 2012 slackers. Lets just hope Pittsburgh gets back to winning as we all become accustomed to. :thumbs_up:

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I said Dwyer for pretty much the reasons that have already been mentioned.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    IMHO its almost a certainty for Batch to get the heave ho.

Bman

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it may come down to the best pass protector between batch,LSH and mcneal. add special teams to that.

with redman and dwyer hungry, they may not have to beat the young guy to death this year.

:cool:

11. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    With Dwyer loosing 25 to 30 pounds as quick as he did, he's probably real hungry. :lolol:

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Kudos to Dwyer losing 30lbs, but why was he ever up to 265 anyways? Someone really needs to keep an eye on him as soon as football season is over. He just can't start in June. It has to be a year round thing.

That being said, I am really interested to see what comes out of this battle involving Bell, Dwyer & Redman. I hope they all make the roster. All have special skill sets.