1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who should be our 4th rd selection?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by numbah58, Apr 28, 2012.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm going with Josh Chapman. If we can land him in the 4th WOW!

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Who 'should' be? Alameda Ta'Amu
    Who WILL be: Josh Chapman

3. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ta'Amu, Chapman or Crick

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If either one of them is our fourth, this will be me~

[​IMG]

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree 100%. I like both players. I had always liked Chapman more, but after watching more of Ta'Amu I am starting to lean his way. Chapman is very Hampton-esque in that he simply holds his ground and forces 2 blockers to engage him to try and get him out of the way. He offers something as a rusher up the middle, but not much. TaAmau is more disruptive, and with today's NFL being more and more of a passing league, I like that disruptiveness.

6. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd be surprised if Ta'amu is still there. Then again I'm shocked he's still available in the 4th so who knows. I'd be happy with either.

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Here are my Top 10 for the 4th round pick:

1. Ta'amu
    2. Chapman
    3. Ronnell Lewis - I am not sold on Worilds, and would like to see a better 3rd OLB
    4. Brandon Boykin - Game tape shows a quick twitch guy who would be a perfect slot corner to take on the Welkers of the world
    5. James Brown - I know, another O-lineman. However, if we are putting DeCastro at RG, LG can still be upgraded, and Brown moves like a good LG
    6. Alfonso Dennard - At some point he is worth the risk. He was an easy 2nd rounder before his incident.
    7. Lamar Miller - If Haley can make him our version of Jamaal Charles, look out.
    8. Josh Norman - Good long-term CB prospect.
    9. Robert Turbin - I like his film, but like him a lot more after hearing his interview on Movin the Chains. His head is firmly on straight.
    10. Marvin Jones - A good WR value at this point in the draft.

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Its not a need in the least, but if we lose out on both ta'amu and chapman this round and DE Jared Crick is still out there I would take him. That dude has 1st round abilities.

9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I want Josh Norman in 4 and Fangupo in 5...and I would keep my eye on Marvin McNutt today as well

HACK

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    i think Pitts should try and move up in the 4th

11. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep, I love Crick!

12. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say Chapman or Ta'amu...We have to get a NT in this draft.

13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ^^ that's why I'm thinking they should move up.. Hampton is pretty much done who do we have behind McLendon?

14. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I prefer Chapman, because I think Ta'amu is not much more than his size. That said, I definitely didn't want Ta'amu in the 2nd or 3rd, but I'd be okay with him in the 4th.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i think chapman has medical problems

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    You and me both TTF!

17. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hmmmm I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Steelers could feasibly trade up and get Ta'Amu. Just a feeling.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I felt that way until I watched more tape on Ta'Amu. Chapman is probably going to be better at controlling 2 gaps against the run, but only slightly so. Ta'Amu looks like he will be quite a bit better at pushing the pocket on pass plays. Since this is now a pass-first league, I prefer to give up a tiny bit in gap control to get a lot more up the middle pressure. I think he will see a lot of playing time in 2012, and be the guy in 2013.

19. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok TTF, time to get out the video camera and give this board your best celebration dance.

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I tried, but it broke the camera with its sheer awesomeness. It probably would have broken the internet. I should have known better.

22. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL @ Ray D and TTF

23. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    That's true, but it will only affect the beginning of his rookie season. I'm looking at this as a long-term solution. That said, I mostly liked Chapman over Ta'amu because I thought he seemed more like the Steelers' type. If they disagee, who am I to argue?

If one of them had been gone and we took the other, it'd be a "we'll never know" thing, and that would drive me crazy. The fact that they were both on the board and we traded up to pick one makes me very comfortable with the choice.

24. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Either Colbert mis-spoke or he did not even have Chapman on his radar when it comes to NTs, possibly due to medical concerns.

"In Ta'amu's situation, there were only four or five nose tackle-types available, and he was the last man standing," Colbert said."

25. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Either Colbert mis-spoke or he did not even have Chapman on his radar when it comes to NTs, possibly due to medical concerns.

"In Ta'amu's situation, there were only four or five nose tackle-types available, and he was the last man standing," Colbert said."[/quote:xs6bcchi]
    Wow, if he really said that, that may speak to Hampton's status early in the year, and how much playing time he expects the rookie to get. I can believe they prefer Ta'amu over Chapman, but I'm not sure I believe that they don't consider Chapman a viable player at all. His health must have played a bigger role than I expected, and they may be looking at getting Ta'amu in quicky.