1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who misses this?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, May 29, 2012.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sorry, got to open this can of worms up as I was surfing YouTube and found this gem of a play involving a tremendous FB block and a power running game! Almost got me to tears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Wkg-uBjFc

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Great lead block.Fb took out two players but Bettis carried three in the endzone.Just a special player.I for one don't if it's a fb or te as long as they can block.That's the key.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I see what Haley is trying to do with Johnson. He want's him to concentrate on blocking more effectively, so he tells him "Your a fullback.". You are absolutely nuts if you think he's not going to open up some wrinkles in the game when everyone gets used to it. Haley watches the film, he sees the hesitation at times, the indecisiveness. I think he's setting the base mindset (we are going to run when we want to run) and working from there. He already knows we can sandlot ball it and air it out if need be. This team needs to be able to shut the door and take the air out of it when they get up. Too many times they're about to go ahead and drive a dagger when there's a big mistake and they let a team back in it. 2nd Balt game's a win if they force them to use their timeouts.

4. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    In my opinion, one of the best FB/RB combos the Steelers have ever had - Kreider/Bettis. Miss them.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I didnt even go to the link at first and i KNEW it was Urlacher getting ran over. Even though that isnt the specific one I'm thinking about thats been shown many many times over the years...but still...i had a cut feeling.

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That play was branded on my memory the moment it happened. The season felt different after that...

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm trying to find the one where he dragged a few CB's down the field with him on a long run. I just can't remember the game though. I know he did it more than once, but the one I'm thinking about was at least a 40 yarder.