1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is The Hardest Hitter On The Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerEmpire, Jun 8, 2017.

1. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know I'm sure if you ask Mitchell's teammates they would say he is....he has taken out a few of our own...

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Currently that would be a toss up between LeVeon Bell and Martavis Bryant.........oh wait.... not that kind of hit?

Mitchell is tops with Shazier (when healthy) second.

In the past - Ryan Clark for sure but will never forget Gary Jones' hit on Don Beebe (95 playoffs?) - knocked him clean into the 6th dimension and he had to change his name to Dawn afterwards. :club:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    This is how you beat Brady... Ryan Clark style..

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    mitchell is put in position to make hits on unsuspecting players running full speed. it doesn't mean he hits the hardest. i'd still go with silverback pound for pound. maybe mix in some rosie nix. vw would be right there too. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    How about Boz for hitting on the glass too hard and getting kicked out of game 5 of the penguins game?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    if we are doing kickers i am putting up Jeff Reed vs Sheetz Paper Towel dispenser

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    An honest mistake....Ryan Succop, the Titans kicker, was sitting behind him and Boz saw the reflection in the glass :lolol:

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    James Harrison, he likes to physically intimidate when he hits you.

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It has to be Debo! He has knocked more people out of the game then anyone on the team. And, if it wasnt for baddell (because there is nothing good about him)
    Debo, would still be knocking them out! He's a bad man....shut yo mouth... but I'm takin bout Debo!!

11. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would've said Mitchell but watch some of the hits dupree can lay on people.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The hardest hitter "period" on the team is James Harrison. He's one of the hardest hitters ever. Now as of "now" who is the hardest hitter I can't really say. I'd almost say Mitchell just because he has hit people pretty hard in the past few years. Bud has a few to his credit and so does Shazier. Overall, though, Harrison's hits actually made the national news and "sparked a debate", as the pundits say, about the "violence" of the game. Hence, why we all adore him as a Steeler and I'd much rather prefer a Steeler to be in the news for terminating with extreme prejudice as opposed to smoking dope, rape allegations, GTA style rampages through downtown Pittsburgh, and stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Size,Weight, Speed distance all those things I am going to go with Bud ...I am sure guys don't like the power he brings when he gets a clean shot...

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Matt Moore would definitely say Dupree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Depends on a number of factors when one says "hardest hitter".

If it is a straight line clean shot, Bud Dupree.

If it is a tempo setting play, Mike Mitchell for now but Sean Davis will be in the future.

If it is about stonewalling offensive rushing attacks then Vince Williams is essentially a brick wall.

If it is who is running the ball, Le'Veon Bell.

Just to name a few.

16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    After Moore learns how to speak again, that is. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelCityThor

SteelCityThor Member

Apr 15, 2017
    I remember when we played the giants last year...Eli manning dropped back,scrambled around,started to run forward......then realized James Harrison was in front of him....andddd dropped dead on the ground:dfense::dfense::dfense:....NICE